Accelerated Evolution

Higurashi No Naku Koro ni

"Higurashi no Naku Koro ni takes place during June 1983, at a fictional rural village called Hinamizawa (雛見沢, Hinamizawa?) (based on the village of Shirakawa, Gifu, a World Heritage Site)[1] [2], which has a population of approximately 2000. The main character Keiichi Maebara transfers to this school and befriends his classmates Rena Ryugū, Mion Sonozaki, Rika Furude, and Satoko Houjou. Keiichi joins their after-school club activities which include playing cards, going out into the woods, playing hide-and-seek; a reminder of the good old days where children played outside until dark rather than being holed up inside their homes playing video games. However, the fun abruptly ends after the annual Watanagashi Festival, a local festivity to commemorate and give thanks to the local god named Oyashiro-sama. For the past four years, one person is murdered and another goes missing never to be seen again each year on the day of the Watanagashi Festival. Who is behind all of this? Is there someone behind this at all? Or is there really something supernatural at work? What dark secrets does Hinamizawa hide?"

Higurashi No Naku Koro ni

vlcsnap-1629843.png

vlcsnap-1630129.png

vlcsnap-1627965.png

vlcsnap-1628097.png

vlcsnap-1628577.png

vlcsnap-1628698.png

vlcsnap-1232813.png

vlcsnap-1629284.png

This is really the only anime that I could ever call frightening. There isn't a single plot, rather different situations that start from the same point using the same characters that branches off into different stories. Currecntly there are four arcs, and 17 episodes. The arcs are four or five episodes long each.

This is really the only anime that I could ever call frightening. There isn't a single plot, rather different situations that start from the same point using the same characters that branches off into different stories. Currecntly there are four arcs, and 17 episodes. The arcs are four or five episodes long each.

WHAT

how does that even WORK

WHAT

how does that even WORK

You should watch it, it's great.

Like the first two arcs start at the same day, they have the same characters. The first one just has the main character against the world. The second arc they give one of the characters a twin sister and use her to carry the story along and expose the other sister, and be an ally to the main character.

The plot is still basicly the same, but it's been changed enough so we can't guess whats going to happen. The result has been changed...they mystery.... I really suck at explaining it.

Wiki tells us: "The anime of Higurashi is scheduled to air from April to September 2006 (some stations have different airing dates). The anime follows the chapter breakdowns in line as the original game. It has been noted that the TV anime will span the four "question" arcs and the first two of the "answer" arcs."

It has been noted that the TV anime will span the four "question" arcs and the first two of the "answer" arcs."

I'm starting to think that this isn't entirely true. Episodes 14 and 15 seemed like an explanation for the events of the previous arc, and episodes 16, 17, and 18 were obviously connected to the second arc. So it appears that the show is structured like this so far:

Question Arc 1 (1-4)

Question Arc 2 (5-8)

Question Arc 3 (9-13)

Answer Arc 3 (14-15)

Answer Arc 2 (16-18)

[EDIT]Disregard that, I'm totally wrong.

All I can say is that this show was obviously intended to confuse the hell out of people.

But oh well, it's an awesome show. I think it's the first horror anime to ever make me feel scared.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...