Accelerated Evolution

Sig Lengths

Some of the people on here, not naming names, have ridiculously long signatures. We got huge images, chat logs, banner ads, and the whole bit. In the last five minutes, I've seen at least 5 posts where the sig was longer than the post text. These were pretty long posts, too.

Actually, it's funny you posted about that...

Just 2 days ago, when I made that change to post counts, I also took signatures into mind. I almost deleted everyone's signature on the whole board.

Signatures have gotten too fucking long, I'll agree to that.

Expect that to change in the coming days.

Actually, it's funny you posted about that...

Just 2 days ago, when I made that change to post counts, I also took signatures into mind. I almost deleted everyone's signature on the whole board.

Signatures have gotten too fucking long, I'll agree to that.

Expect that to change in the coming days.

You really should talk to me before you do somthings.

- I like my size of the my signature, i always use around the same image size, with some text below. Is that suitable to you guys?

i <3 my mouse wheel

i did consider putting 'gps pwned someone at poker' instead of his stupid indepth shit tho

also helps to half 40 posts per page

Buki: I am going to suggest what you should change your sig to for awhile. Please don't get offended.

[00:11] Klavier Barrette: Blah blah blah

[00:11] GundamPilotSpaz: Blah blah blah

Whatever happened to the good ol days where we'd quote out of context one-liners and not entire conversations that we'll end up talking about in RT anyway?

[00:12] Klavier Barrette: oh i'll come later tonight but not by your hand or dick

That would've been just fine right there - I don't even know what the fuck all of GPS's boring ass poker rabble (rabble! rabble! rabble!) had to do with that

And since they're now on the previous page and probably need quoting:

Buki, if you're going to put entire chatlogs in your sig, could you at least put them in an image so that the rest of the world can adblock it?

Buki: I am going to suggest what you should change your sig to for awhile. Please don't get offended.

[00:11] Klavier Barrette: Blah blah blah

[00:11] GundamPilotSpaz: Blah blah blah

The way I always measure my sigs is, if the bottom of my sig reaches lower than my member number on an average three-line post, it's too long. I also try to stay away from images larger than a standard banner ad, which is something like 600 x 90. I'm probably very conservative, though, so don't be a prude on my account.

I know this won't fly, but 615x100 or 5 lines of text is lovely.

How about 615x200 or 10 lines of text. every 20 pixels = 1 normal size text line or 2 size ones...

That seems fairly reasonable. It means the majority of members would be fine, and the people with over-large sigs would need to shorten them slightly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------The sig

would be this big-----------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------