Accelerated Evolution
cappy

car accidents [pics]

Now I'm not the type of person to get depressed really... but I got into a car accident today and it was my fault.

I was on my way to work, not paying attention, following too close, you know the drill. No one was even hurt. The damage looks bad but I really don't think anything was even touched under the hood. It's all plastic bumper and grill parts. My hood is kinda bent too. Anyway I called my work place, and went home. I got home, turned some music on, and just laid on my bed doing absolutely nothing for the better part of the day I just didn't have the energy to even do anything at all. I got no appetite... had breakfast and that was it... ah well.

I still feel like shit even though no one was hurt I dunno even why it's just one of those things...

yeah... just thought i'd share. if i get no replies to this thread i might jump off a cliff.

I've been close to an accident a few times, but have never been in one. My mom once got hit in the rear by someone our age and the guy was just completely upset though nothing was hurt besides like bumpers. I think the greater part of people get upset when an accident happens that they know is their fault, no matter what.

To make things worse, it was in my new 06 impreza. I hit a new 06 tsx. And it happened to be driven by the mom of my best buddy from elementary school who I never really talked to since then... which made things extremely fucking awkward. What was I even supposed to say "Holy crap!! I haven't seen you in forever Mrs. V!! How have you been? Well, besides you know GETTING YOUR NEW CAR REARENDED BY ME TODAY, you've been doing good I hope?" So i just didn't say anything at all and im sure you all know how awkward that is. I just forced a smile when she smiled at me and neither of us said anything.

2.jpg

That's my new buddy Officer Fletcher in the background. I affectionately called him The Fletch and he was totally cool with it.

Here's one more from the other angle:

3.jpg

Glad to hear you are OK. The car looks fine, but you never know.

I hope this doesn't ruin the car for you. Even after they are fixed, they never feel quite the same again.

Luckily, my first wreck involved just sleepy me and a ditch, so my insurance never knew.

There's such a thing as crashing a car.

But crashing an Impreza?!?!

To be fair though, mine was crashed by the previous owner. Which is why I got it for fairly cheap.

I'm an Impreza fanboy.

Glad to know you're alright. Could have been worse, at least no one's hurt and the car doesn't seem to be in terrible shape. I wrote off my first vehicle (97' Kawasaki 600R) after it flipped throug a ditch and smashed a fence.

How's the insurance company and the other driver taking it?

There's such a thing as crashing a car.

But crashing an Impreza?!?!

To be fair though, mine was crashed by the previous owner. Which is why I got it for fairly cheap.

I'm an Impreza fanboy.

I know exactly what you mean man... It's a hell of a car.

Just checked them out on the Subaru website. The 2.5i is a pretty good deal. There is a red one out front at the local dealership that makes me tent my pants every time I drive by.

If I can get a better job in the near future I'll definately be test driving one.

[edit] ...but I sure won't be buying one if I have to get the WRX model just to get leather.[/edit]

It's the new 2.5 RS. It's missing a nice punchy turbo, but the torquey boxer engine still makes it a joy to rip through the gears, also the suspension is nice on the stock RS. It's just a fun car to drive all around, especially around corners haha.

It's the new 2.5 RS. It's missing a nice punchy turbo, but the torquey boxer engine still makes it a joy to rip through the gears, also the suspension is nice on the stock RS. It's just a fun car to drive esp around corners.

My old room mate had an older 2.5RS. Even without a turbo that thing could move. Boxer engines sound like win and awesome.

Ahh it's a lease so it's not so bad.

Shit I had my Camaro slammed into the right side by some bitch in an suv that wasnt looking where she was going. That suxs, because I own the car. It's the newest generation one and I put a lot of shit into it, so it's not something you can just replace easilly.

And now I'm waiting for her insurance to pay up and have to drive it like that to school so I know how it feels. Though it's not as bad as your damage there.

Yeah the 2.5 rs is a good deal. It's pretty fast.

Though I don't like 4 bangers in general even if it is a boxer. That fucking 4 cylinder high pitched scream eeeeeeeeeeehhhhh! And having to rev the mofo out of it to get to the top of the powerband and make some torque.

5.7 V8 owns. -_o

Actually the boxer makes a low gurgle. Like a drowning grizzly bear. And like I said it's very torquey with a mid-ranged powerband but it isn't very long... You shift before giving the gears a chance to stretch out and enjoy themselves. Needs a turbo. :(

Ahh it's a lease so it's not so bad.

Shit I had my Camaro slammed into the right side by some bitch in an suv that wasnt looking where she was going. That suxs, because I own the car. It's the newest generation one and I put a lot of shit into it, so it's not something you can just replace easilly.

And now I'm waiting for her insurance to pay up and have to drive it like that to school so I know how it feels. Though it's not as bad as your damage there.

Yeah the 2.5 rs is a good deal. It's pretty fast.

Though I don't like 4 bangers in general even if it is a boxer. That fucking 4 cylinder high pitched scream eeeeeeeeeeehhhhh! And having to rev the mofo out of it to get to the top of the powerband and make some torque.

5.7 V8 owns. -_o

I like the sound of four cylinder engines. :wub:

Not all of them have to have the crap revved out of them to make power. Saab engines make the most power in the 3000-ish RPM range. Good gas mileage is also a major MAJOR plus.

I like the sound of four cylinder engines. :wub:

Not all of them have to have the crap revved out of them to make power. Saab engines make the most power in the 3000-ish RPM range. Good gas mileage is also a major MAJOR plus.

More then the sound of a V8? Have you ever heard a performance v8 at redline? Because that's kind of like saying a you like a ps1 over a ps3.

As far as sounding deep goes, I can gut the muffler on my 250cc dirt bike and it will sound deep as hell. But you will NEVER get the same low burble at idle from a 4 and the difference is clear when they both rev up. A lot of people say the firing order has a lot to do with how good it sounds.

Sabb engines don't make peak power at 3000. I think you meant torque. No gasoline engine does. The turbocharged ones might make peak torque as low as 2000 but not power. Most hp is at upwards to 6000. I wasn't talking about turbocharged ones though.

The new civic si revs to like 8000, and if you don't rev the shit out of it, you wont see anything close to the 197hp rating because v tec doesnt kick in and that powerband is flat as hell.

But damn crashing into someone you know? How unlucky is that... When my car got hit we were both yelling bath and forth.

More then the sound of a V8? Have you ever heard a performance v8 at redline? Because that's kind of like saying a you like a ps1 over a ps3.

As far as sounding deep goes, I can gut the muffler on my 250cc dirt bike and it will sound deep as hell. But you will NEVER get the same low burble at idle from a 4 and the difference is clear when they both rev up. A lot of people say the firing order has a lot to do with how good it sounds.

Sabb engines don't make peak power at 3000. I think you meant torque. No gasoline engine does. The turbocharged ones might make peak torque as low as 2000 but not power. Most hp is at upwards to 6000. I wasn't talking about turbocharged ones though.

The new civic si revs to like 8000, and if you don't rev the shit out of it, you wont see anything close to the 197hp rating because v tec doesnt kick in and that powerband is flat as hell.

But damn crashing into someone you know? How unlucky is that... When my car got hit we were both yelling bath and forth.

1) Yes, I'm talking torque.

2) Yes. I still prefer the sound of a four cylinder and just four cylinder engines in general.

3) V-Tech sucks off the track

2) Yes. I still prefer the sound of a four cylinder and just four cylinder engines in general.

Ok to each his own. *cough Ricer cough*

doesnt vtech kick in a 6 or 6,5?

I don't know I don't have much experience with that shit. Someone told me it starts below 5000. It's more gradual toward redline I think, not like a huge instant boost like shooting nitrous.

ps1 > ps3? :huh:

Ok to each his own. *cough Ricer cough*

I am NOT a ricer!

I do NOT like big ugly body kits

I do NOT like stupid useless spoilers that look like picknick tables stuck to front wheel drive cars.

I do NOT like stupid terrible sounding fart can exhausts

I do NOT think of small Japanese cars when I think of sports cars.

I DO, however, prefer small, light-weight, turbo charged 4 cylinder engines.

V8s are great for oval trakcs. I prefer rally style.

My car:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/Mag...FF/DSC00021.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/Mag...FF/DSC00023.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/Mag...FF/DSC00022.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/Mag...FF/DSC00018.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/Mag...FF/DSC00016.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/Mag...FF/DSC00014.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/Mag...FF/DSC00013.jpg