Accelerated Evolution
cappy

car accidents [pics]

Yes I'm familiar with what Saabs look like. Nice convertible.

What does that run in the quarter, like 17s?

Eh what I don't really like is fwd. I like rwd much better.

And yeah the people with a lot of money put into body kits, spoilers, and sound systems with the only performance mod a 4" muffler and the mentality that they're acctually fast are fucking annoying. And there's a lot of them around here.

i dont know, the drag strip doesnt do much to get my dick hard. i could care less about quarter mile times. technical tracks require a certain level of skill that punching the gas and changing gears while holding the wheel steady just doesnt even come close to. so take your camaro to a real track and watch an underpowered rx7 rip the paint off it.

i dont know, the drag strip doesnt do much to get my dick hard. i could care less about quarter mile times. technical tracks require a certain level of skill that punching the gas and changing gears while holding the wheel steady just doesnt even come close to. so take your camaro to a real track and watch an underpowered rx7 rip the paint off it.

Shit... changing gears my ass. Not even. Mine's an automatic.

That's probobly true thought.

Well I don't know guy I played a shitload of grand turismo 4. lol

Eh but great handling and cornering skills aren't going to help you when you line up at a stoplight.

And in the end isn't that what it's all about?

That's probobly true thought.

Well I don't know guy I played a shitload of grand turismo 4. lol

Eh but great handling and cornering skills aren't going to help you when you line up at a stoplight.

No.

ROTFLMAO. Did he say "automatic" ?

I have never raced in my life and I still hate automatic transmissions.

I have never even driven an automatic. And I hope I never do.

Hell, my car even has a manual choke for the carbeurator... It's so old.

I have never raced in my life and I still hate automatic transmissions.

I have never even driven an automatic. And I hope I never do.

Hell, my car even has a manual choke for the carbeurator... It's so old.

There's like a knob to adjust the choke on the dash? I think that has to be like a car from the 50's or older. Whatever it is it's probobly a classic though.

Eh I know how to drive a manual, I learned on a motorcycle and I ride, right now I'm saving up for a decent sport bike. I know all the benefits of a manual but here in the city there's shitloads of traffic though I wasn't looking for an auto, but it's not a dealbreaker for me.

If you're racing in a straight line an automatic gives you much more consistent runs and you can load up the torque converter before launching it, depending on how much traction you have and at what rpm the torque converter stalls.

But all the car makers are moving to those sequential trannies anyway.

There's like a knob to adjust the choke on the dash? I think that has to be like a car from the 50's or older. Whatever it is it's probobly a classic though.

Eh I know how to drive a manual, I learned on a motorcycle and I ride, right now I'm saving up for a decent sport bike. I know all the benefits of a manual but here in the city there's shitloads of traffic though I wasn't looking for an auto, but it's not a dealbreaker for me.

If you're racing in a straight line an automatic gives you much more consistent runs and you can load up the torque converter before launching it, depending on how much traction you have and at what rpm the torque converter stalls.

But all the car makers are moving to those sequential trannies anyway.

'66, actually.

I love that car. I just wish the transmission were a little better. It's not even a problem with the transmission itself, I just really hate the stick itself. It's long and whips around so much.

But I don't know enough about cars to even know what I'd want to get were I to get a new car. Which I'm not, because I don't have that kind of money.

Important shit first: at least you're alright. It may not feel like it when you've just had an accident, but as long as you've got no injuries, it's a start.

as for feeling guilty, i think that's a natural reaction. for starters, personal transportation is an important thing. damaging it can be, and normally is, quite a shock. The added expense can also factor into that shock and guilt

look at it this way, at least you didn't crash it on a mountain run when you pulled the handbrake too long.....

No.

1: half the people at stoplights launch like they're grannies, drive normally, can't shift for shit, or are lazy dipshits and drive an automatic.

2: Anyone with a powerful enough car can acclerate fast. even n00bs in a auto.

3: drags = boring. yeah, i've been in an 11 sec car doing the weekly night drags at the dragstrip. nice, but boring. launches at lights are the same thing. Gimme touge anyday

<-- really really doesn't like automatic, even with manual mode. VW's DSG is a completely different story...

Same, what do you drive?

My 1978 Civic has one too.

car1.jpg

I have (at home, didn't bring it to college) a '66 Volvo station wagon... I'm not even sure of the make. It's nowhere on the car. I think it might be an Amazon?

I have (at home, didn't bring it to college) a '66 Volvo station wagon... I'm not even sure of the make. It's nowhere on the car. I think it might be an Amazon?

Sweet. My second car was a green 70s Accord. (Well an 80 model anyhow)

CVCC Power FTW.