Accelerated Evolution

Grind House

poster1.jpgposter2.jpgposter3.jpg

Grind House is a 2007 film that consists of two segments, of which both are feature-length attractions. One segment, Planet Terror, will be a zombie film written and directed by Robert Rodríguez. The other segment, Death Proof, will be a slasher film written and directed by Quentin Tarantino. There will also be trailers advertising fake films between the segments. Grind House is expected to be released on April 6, 2007.

Between the two segments will be trailers advertising fake films. Tarantino has stated that fake trailers will be shot for a blaxploitation film, a kung fu film, a sexploitation movie and a Spaghetti Western film. Tarantino confirmed that he will be directing the trailer for the sexploitation "film" Cowgirls in Sweden. In an interview with Danny Trejo, the actor said that he will be in a fake trailer for a movie called They Call Him Machete, possibly a parody on the character of the same name that Trejo played in Spy Kids.[1]. In addition, Eli Roth and Edgar Wright have been confirmed to direct fake trailers.

Grind House Forum

Death Proof Cast

* Kurt Russell...Stuntman Mike

* Zoe Bell...Zoe

* Rosario Dawson...Kim

* Vanessa Ferlito...Arlene

* Jordan Ladd

* Rose McGowan...Pam

* Sydney Tamiia Poitier...Jungle Julia

* Marley Shelton...

* Tracie Thoms...Abernathy

* Mary Elizabeth Winstead...Lee

* Michael Parks...Earl McGraw

Planet Terror Cast

* Freddy Rodriguez...Wray

* Rose McGowan...Cherry

* Josh Brolin...Dr. Block

* Naveen Andrews

* Marley Shelton...Dakota

* Michael Biehn...Sheriff Hague

* Stacy Ferguson...Tammy

* Jeff Fahey...Deputy

* Michael Parks...Earl McGraw

* Tom Savini...Sheriff

* Quentin Tarantino...The Rapist

God this movie sounds awesome.

Maybe. Tarantino and Rodriguez have history together, so I trust that they can make something really awesome. If we just take two random directors and give them this, it might not work out too well. But it would be cool if we had directors able to work together continue this.

Maybe. Tarantino and Rodriguez have history together, so I trust that they can make something really awesome. If we just take two random directors and give them this, it might not work out too well. But it would be cool if we had directors able to work together continue this.

I was thinking something more along the lines of Masters of Horror, where they pick two notable horror or sci-fi directors. I'd like to see John Carpenter work with Tarantino.

I was thinking something more along the lines of Masters of Horror, where they pick two notable horror or sci-fi directors. I'd like to see John Carpenter work with Tarantino.

Other directors were tapped to create a few of those fake looking trailers that comes on between the two segments. I know the two mentioned, so far are Edgar Wright and Eli Roth.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's a couple of entries that were submitted to the SXSW Grindhouse trailer contest. The winner will ha ve their fake trailer included in the DVD release of the movie.

Hobo With a Shotgun trailer

Jesus Rises trailer (I'm thinking these folks gonna go to hell)

The Dead Won't Die

Iron Gestapo trailer

Isle of the Flesheaters trailer

Hippy Bastards from Hell trailer

Oh man, these are hilarious. There's tons more on YouTube.

Here's a couple of entries that were submitted to the SXSW Grindhouse trailer contest. The winner will ha ve their fake trailer included in the DVD release of the movie.

Hobo With a Shotgun trailer

Jesus Rises trailer (I'm thinking these folks gonna go to hell)

The Dead Won't Die

Iron Gestapo trailer

Isle of the Flesheaters trailer

Hippy Bastards from Hell trailer

Oh man, these are hilarious. There's tons more on YouTube.

Hobo with a Shotgun FTW. when he killed the pedo Santa