Accelerated Evolution

Wii Discussion Thread.

Lanz

<a href="http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3152817" target="_blank">http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3152817</a>

Wii Launch Promises a 27-Game Library

How many games does it take to get to the center of a console launch?

by Mark Whiting, 08/11/2006

7 of 7 users recommend this story.

You heard that right. Twenty-seven confirmed launch titles.

Even a quick glance over the Wii's starting lineup should be enough to convince the skeptics that Nintendo plans on hitting that launch date harder than a Ryu shoryuken special.

Doubly impressive is the fact that -- unlike other console launches we could name -- there's more than just first-party titles on the menu this time around. Check the roster of big name third-party support -- games like Call of Duty 3, Trauma Center: Second Opinion and Madden NFL 07 are standing tall up there with Nintendo's coveted exclusives.

The full list breaks down like this:

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII Ubisoft

Blitz: The League Midway

Call of Duty 3 Activision

Cars THQ

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 Atari

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors Square Enix

Elebits Konami

Excite Truck Nintendo

Far Cry Ubisoft

GT Pro Series Ubisoft

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers Square Enix

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Nintendo

Madden NFL 07 EA

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Activision

Metal Slug Anthology SNK

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Nintendo

Monster 4x4 World Circuit Ubisoft

Need for Speed: Carbon EA

Open Season Ubisoft

Rayman Raving Rabbids Ubisoft

Red Steel Ubisoft

SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab THQ

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz Sega

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam Activision

Trauma Center: Second Opinion Atlus

Wii Sports Nintendo

Source : nwizard

By way of comparison, when the Xbox 360 launched, it did so with 18 games -- and 11 of them were sports titles. PS3? Currently standing at 15 confirmed games available for its November 17 launch.

Still feeling undecided? Here's a list of all 151 games currently in development for the colorful little box.

of the ones I want myself:

Call of Duty 3, Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors, Elebits, Excite Truck, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metal Slug Anthology, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Red Steel, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, Wii Sports

this is already looking like my wii collection will be to my GCN collection as my DS collection is to my GBA collection...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You see, this is why I have so much faith in the Wii. With a launch like that, and with 151 games already announced, there is no reason to believe that it'll suffer the same fate as N64 or Gamecube. Sure, some of those games are obviously going to be garbage, and there may be a few cancellations and such here and there, but considering that it's not even out yet, 151 announced titles is pretty fucking impressive. A lot of them are looking really good too. This is probably the first time I've actually had so much faith in a game console from the very beginning.

You see, this is why I have so much faith in the Wii. With a launch like that, and with 151 games already announced, there is no reason to believe that it'll suffer the same fate as N64 or Gamecube. Sure, some of those games are obviously going to be garbage, and there may be a few cancellations and such here and there, but considering that it's not even out yet, 151 announced titles is pretty fucking impressive. A lot of them are looking really good too. This is probably the first time I've actually had so much faith in a game console from the very beginning.

I'm going to need to make a new version of this:

clipboard01do5.jpg

Only game I really care about at Launch are Zelda and Prime 3, and you Metroid haters can suck a fat one..with the lame.. oh its not a 2d so its gonna suck bs, or better yet the line that its an FPS..ohh noo I can't see Samus hot body.. so it sucks.

It's a Nintendo game. If it's not "OMFGWTF AMAZING," then people trash it. :|

That is true. But Metroid Prime 2 is "OMFGWTF AMAZING" if you ask me. But then again, even New Super Mario Brothers gets trashed, so I honestly have no clue what people expect out of Nintendo.

BTW U-1, in the other thread, I had no intention of trashing Prime. It's just that I'd like to see what else Retro is capable of. They're about to prove to us for a third time that they can make an awesome 3D Metroid game, which is fine with me, but after that, I hope they work on a game that isn't Metroid related.

That is true. But Metroid Prime 2 is "OMFGWTF AMAZING" if you ask me. But then again, even New Super Mario Brothers gets trashed, so I honestly have no clue what people expect out of Nintendo.

BTW U-1, in the other thread, I had no intention of trashing Prime. It's just that I'd like to see what else Retro is capable of. They're about to prove to us for a third time that they can make an awesome 3D Metroid game, which is fine with me, but after that, I hope they work on a game that isn't Metroid related.

It's cool dude, I knew you weren't trashing it, I wold like to see what Retro could do outside of Prime also..

Dammit no Prime 3 on launch possibly:(..crap...but I won't argue about it, because they are prolly working the kinks out of it.

Raven Blade plskthx.

Exactly!

Anyway - This thing is launching in Japan with both FF and DQ? Uhh... Why do I get the impression 5.5 million units in two months is actually realistic?

In IGN's latest podcast, Matt sounded pretty certain that Dragon Quest isn't going to make launch. That would certainly suck, since it looks really fun.

Exactly!

In IGN's latest podcast, Matt sounded pretty certain that Dragon Quest isn't going to make launch. That would certainly suck, since it looks really fun.

Matt sounded pretty certain that the Wii is basically an XBox.

He's not very smart.