Accelerated Evolution

little miss sunshine

Anyhow last night I checked out Little Miss Sunshine with Greg Kinear and Steve Correll and it was fucking amazing. This was definitely one of the best movies I've seen in theater in a long time, though it got pretty depressing at times and you'd just think "so how are they going to turn this movie into a comedy" but they managed to somehow which made the movie that much better. So if any of you have seen it what were your thoughts?

rottentomatoes

trailer

I'm going to see it this weekend after Snakes on a Plane. Come on, Alan Arkin and Steve Carell in the same film? Instant classic.

I also think it's impressive that it has managed to stay above 90% at Rottentomatoes.com long after it's debut. The only other film in recent years that has achieved the same critical success (that I can think of) is Minority Report.

Little Miss Sunshine has the highest per theater average gross of all films currently being shown in the United States. In addition, it has had the highest per theater average gross of all films currently being shown in the United States every single day, now 18 days in a row, since it was first released.

On July 29, 2006, the first Saturday after its initial limited release, Little Miss Sunshine earned a $20,335 per-theater average gross.

Also, I love this cover.

Ewlms.jpg