Accelerated Evolution

Shaggy & Scooby: Get a Clue

Scoob_Shag_layerREVat72dpi.jpg

scooby_and_gangat73dpi.jpg

The series name is Shaggy & Scooby-Doo: Get A Clue. It will make its debut on Kids WB, which is primarily syndicated through the new CW Network, on Saturday, September 23. There's been a lot of variations to the, for lack of a better term, Scooby universe since it launched in 1969, but let's say one shouldn't be surprised if this one truly does raise some hackles. For starters, as the title implies, the series revolves around the mostly clueless Great Dane and his even more clueless "pal" Shaggy. Fred, Velma, Daphne and the original Mystery Machine occasionally make guest appearances.

Complete Article

Thank god it's not ripping off Japanese animation like very other cartoon these days. The style actually looks good and the premise sounds interesting. I like the Vincent Price homages.

"Funny you mentioned that," Radomski acknowledges on the Price reference. "Dr. Phibes exterior lair is deco influenced and in the 13th episode we introduce a Feline friend of Dr. Phibes. Ray DeLaurentis would need to confirm but I believe your assumption is correct. Dr. Phibes is Colonel Klink plus Dr. Evil divided by Strangelove."

Neat! It's a good way to get a new generation to know Scooby Doo. Maybe they'll start watching the classic episodes, too. The old episodes are WONDERFUL.

Man, I'm just glad they didn't include Scrappy. Scrappy was by FAR the WORST thing that Scooby Doo ever did. I cringe at the mere thought.

They should have an episode with fleshbacks to how scrappy was impaled to a wall by a wood plank after a flat panel crashes into the Mystery Machine, crashing Scrappy through the windshield just as a piece of wood the truck was carrying flew through the air and gave him a splintery enema before launching him across the road and sticking him to a street sign.

Neat! It's a good way to get a new generation to know Scooby Doo. Maybe they'll start watching the classic episodes, too. The old episodes are WONDERFUL.

Man, I'm just glad they didn't include Scrappy. Scrappy was by FAR the WORST thing that Scooby Doo ever did. I cringe at the mere thought.

Scrappy being the villain was the best part of the first live-action movie.

I still love love love scooby doo, except the lame live action films. The animated films i thought were good, especially that one with the dead confederates and pirates and tourists in Louisiana. I hope they have current actors/music performers as special guests, but I think it's still gonna be ok. The classic 1969 scooby doo season I think will always be my favorite though.

It is probably wasted culture, but you have to admire the fact that a show about a talking dog and a gang of kids that solved mysteries managed to be part of the mainstream culture for as long as it has been around.

and A Pup Named Scooby Doo I think is better than anything with scrappy doo in it.