sexual orientation  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What is yours?

• Liberal
    • Conservative
    • Moderate
    • I don't know and nor do I care
    • Other

I'm identified as a liberal by other people, but really I'm fairly all over the place, especially when I'm angry. When I stop and think about things I try to shoot holes in my ideas from other perspectives. So I don't really know.

I'm not affiliated with any parties (just turned 18, registering to vote sometime in the next month or so) but Democrats and Republicans are both an incredible waste of time because they're so useless, and third parties are an incredible waste of time because they'll never get enough votes.

I tend to align myself with liberals with a lot of major political issues, but there are some conservative ideas that appeal to me.

Nine times out of ten, though, I tend to swing liberal. I'm not 18 yet, but come October, I'll be registering as a member of the Democratic party. You know, because voting in the primaries is FUN. And so is getting hit up by political telemarketers, yay.

I consider myself to be in moral and political values a Libertarian.

I am registered with the United States Libertarian Party.

when it comes to election time though, do you actually vote libertarian or do you vote for candidates who actually have a chance to win the election?

i consider myself libertarian as well, and thought about registering with them, but i dont know if id ever actually vote for them.

when it comes to election time though, do you actually vote libertarian or do you vote for candidates who actually have a chance to win the election?

i consider myself libertarian as well, and thought about registering with them, but i dont know if id ever actually vote for them.

Um? Then your not libertarian. If your not registered with them and do not vote for them. Then you do not support them.

Um? Then your not libertarian. If your not registered with them and do not vote for them. Then you do not support them.

Libertarian isn't a party it is a political ideal.

There are many libertarians who don't support the party.

The idea behind voting for a person with no chance to win is to simply raise awareness of the party itself. In 2004 Badnarik got only a few hundred votes less than nader yet you heard very little about him until after the election when they looked at the numbers. That simple fact riased the awareness of the party.

If I don't believe any other canidate deserves my vote, I will support the libertarian party not only because I agree with them but because they are the best hope we have of breaking out of the tired and old Republicans vs. Democrat bullshit.

I've occasionally found my views so radically different from the philosophies espoused by the American Left and Right that plotting it on the dichotomic gradient of our nation's political leanings requires the use of the second dimension.

I've found myself in this situation. I believe the term I used was radical up.

A libertarian in the vaguest sense is someone who believes in maximizing the indivdual's freedom to the point where what you do doesnt hurt anyone else. This can include both economic and social freedom or either.

So a libertarian is an anarchist who isn't a jackass, and an anarchist is a libertarian with balls.

poophy, you realize anarchy is the worst idea ever, right?

Anarchy hasn't convinced me to be an anarchist in all cases, so I don't identify myself as one like our friend Belial here. But at the same time, even though I don't always support it I think it's much preferable to a great many things. Maybe it's a bad idea, but it's certainly not the worst idea ever.