Accelerated Evolution

best comics?

margot

Bone- This is excellent. There's a one-volume edition now available, highly reccomended.

Spider Man- Definitely (IMHO) the best of the superhero comics. Crosses over with Fantastic 4 alot. ^^;; There are a bunch of different spinoffs, but you can get "The Essential Spiderman", which are large volumes of the original series.

Maus- WW2 allegory portraying the Jews as mice and the Nazis as cats.

Edited by Samurai Drifter

Bone- This is excellent. There's a one-volume edition now available, highly reccomended.

Spider Man- Definitely (IMHO) the best of the superhero comics. Crosses over with Fantastic 4 alot. ^^;; There are a bunch of different spinoffs, but you can get "The Essential Spiderman", which are large volumes of the original series.

Maus- WW2 allegory portraying the Jews as mice and the Nazis as cats.

*sigh*

Dunno what that means either, but your avatar's awesome. I watched the whole thing. ^^;;

yea I'm sure you did watch the whole thing.

I'm sure.

XD I don't mean that in a sarcastic way I mean I'm calling you a loser.

edited for clarity

Edited by Lindsay

I can't really stomach most comic books. I mean I dig the superhero mythology, but the writting is often to bad for me to bear.

I do absolute adore Neil Gaiman's Sandman, though.

I also love a lot of graphic novels, but they're probably not what you had in mind when you said "comics."

I've often wondered what the difference between comic books and graphic novels is.

there are quite a few comics which, when the issues are combined, read as a continuous story (or "novel" form, if you want), but they're still comics and not graphic novels. any TPB of ex machina reads as a cohesive story and the series itself has been running fluidly from the start without any "what random adventure will he have next month..." business from the author, but it's still a comic and probably always will be

say what you will, but it's just a term used to separate "high art" and 'low brow' comics. no self-respecting adult wants to be caught reading a comic, but a graphic novel? splendid