Accelerated Evolution

Star Fox Command

I've heard Krystal isn't in the game besides the endings since she's preggers' with Fox's kid.

They also toned down her hotness. :sad:

Here's what Marcus and the current team look like from Command's second ending.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

dsc00184aq4.jpg

dsc00185qi2.jpg

I've heard Krystal isn't in the game besides the endings since she's preggers' with Fox's kid.

They also toned down her hotness. :sad:

Here's what Marcus and the current team look like from Command's second ending.

dsc00184aq4.jpg

dsc00185qi2.jpg

Are you saying Fox

has a brother?

Are you saying Fox
has a brother?

No,

Fox knocks up Krystal in the start of the series, and at the end of the game she gives birth to a child which they name Marcus (the fox in blue). The person holding Marcus looks like Fox in his old age. In the second ending of Command, Marcus joins up with Slippy's son and Peppy's granddaughter to create a new Star Fox unit.

Picked it up today and played it a bit. It's not bad. Certainly better than both of the Gamecube games. But the touch screen controls still don't have me convinced. It would have been easier to control with the d-pad. Plus, I hate how the summersault and u-turn are mapped to simple touch-screen buttons. It was more fun in Star Fox 64 where it took at least a tiny bit of skill to pull those maneuvers off.

Overall though, it seems like a good game. I'll save my final judgements for after I finish it, which may be a while since Disgaea 2 has my attention.

I suck horribly at this game. But that's probably due to the fact that I haven't spent much time with it. My feelings on the touch-screen controls are mixed. I'll admit that they work just fine, but I still think d-pad controls would have not only been easier but also would have made the game a little more fun. But oh well, that's just me. And I can't really knock the game for not being what I personally wanted. I would have preferred an SF64-style on-rails shooter and didn't use the touch screen. However, the strategy/dog-fight style gameplay they chose for this game is certainly interesting, and it's quite fun in its own way.

Another thing I thought I'd mention is that I'm not too thrilled with the direction the series is going. Star Fox 64 had pretty much the perfect blend of everything. But the newer games (Command especially) go way too much into characterization. I honestly don't care about the pilots' personal lives. In SF64, the only interaction we saw between the pilots was on the battlefield. Each character's personality was reflected during the gameplay, and there was no need for any sort of side-story that had nothing to do with their primary goal.

Oh well, enough whining. Keep in mind that I do like the game despite all of my complaints. Perhaps if Star Fox 64 wasn't so absolutely perfect, I would be less critical. But at this point, I think it's safe to assume that Nintendo isn't even going to try to re-create that experience.