Accelerated Evolution

Man of the Year

The Trailer

Man of the Year is a comedy movie currently in post-production, starring Robin Williams and directed by Barry Levinson. In addition to Williams, the film will feature Christopher Walken and Lewis Black.

In the film, Williams portrays Tom Dobbs, the host of a comedy/political talk show and based loosely on real-life personas Jon Stewart and Bill Maher. As a public relations stunt, Dobbs decides to campaign for President. He unexpectedly wins the election, and must now handle the office of the president.

I saw the trailer a while back before Talladega Nights. It looks really good and of course it's obvious Williams' character is based on Jon Stewart and the movie tackles the question of whether or not he could run this country better than the politicians.

It also stars Lewis Black and The Walken, two of the greatest people ever.

Stewart would double the under 30 turnout and win that age bracket. If he had a platform and a party endorsement he'd take it easily. He'd have easily the largest number of active supporters. He'd probably occasionaly go on the Daily show and make fun of himself. (hosting duties would pass on to somebody else)

Stewart would double the under 30 turnout and win that age bracket. If he had a platform and a party endorsement he'd take it easily. He'd have easily the largest number of active supporters. He'd probably occasionaly go on the Daily show and make fun of himself. (hosting duties would pass on to somebody else)

He's a Jew, and therefore could not win an election in our racist, bigoted nation.

Not beloved enough to be elected president. Jesus Christ is the only Jew that could be elected president in this country, and thats a sad fact for the land of the free and the home of the brave. :dry:

I think Jon Stewart could win simply because of his broad fan base and blunt honesty. If he seriously ran he could get a massive amount of young voters.

I think Jon Stewart could win simply because of his broad fan base and blunt honesty. If he seriously ran he could get a massive amount of young voters.

You're grossly overestimating the power of young voters. But I degress...

The movie looks good as Williams, Black, and The Walken are always amazing.

• 3 weeks later...