Accelerated Evolution

Dark Messiah Open Beta

Arcane

I tried it out, and it was fun, but it ran horribly, and unless in the last day or two something unbeknownst to me has entered my system and fucked it up, it's the game, because I have a rather nice rig. It took forever to load and crashed the first couple of times I tried to load it, and every now and then the framerate would drop to near zero and cause me to be unable to do anything, usually resulting in my death. Other than that, though, it was fun.

I tried it out, and it was fun, but it ran horribly, and unless in the last day or two something unbeknownst to me has entered my system and fucked it up, it's the game, because I have a rather nice rig. It took forever to load and crashed the first couple of times I tried to load it, and every now and then the framerate would drop to near zero and cause me to be unable to do anything, usually resulting in my death. Other than that, though, it was fun.

Exact same experience I had with it. I have to run it on pretty low settings in order to get a decent framerate in multiplayer, though I can run it with pretty good settings in the single player demo. I'm sure it will come together more soon, it is a beta after all.

I kind of wish they would slow down the action a little bit. Everything seems way too fast paced for my liking. Don't get me wrong, I love playing twitch FPS's, but this isn't Quake or UT. Right now it seems a little too much like "Counter-strike with swords."

I have had some pretty cool moments playing though. I came upon both teams standing on both sides of a bridge, and everyone was just taking a few warning shots back and forth and not doing much else. Well I walk up to the action, and being a Knight I just say "Fuck it," put my shield up and just charge my way across the bridge into about 7 or 8 enemies. Thankfully, everyone else on my team followed suit and I managed to take about 4 of them down before I fell.