Accelerated Evolution

~Chugga Chugga Wee!~ Do I hear Metalcore?!

Crube

I see a lot of people saying Metalcore sucks and stuff. Well, this thread is not for that. If you are just going to post "Metalcore SUKKORS LOL!" Then do not post.

I am curious about this little sub-genre. I only know Converge and Misery Signals and even then, I am not an expert.

And ONCE AGAIN.

What this thread is not for:

- Trolling metalcore. No one cares what you think about the genre.

- The Chariot and Trivium. They suck a fat one.

- A downward spiral of stupidity about how band x and y are totally not metalcore. It's a young genre, and one that's rather poorly defined at that. Unless a band is blatantly not metalcore, please press the 'back' button on your browser, because we don't need to hear about it.

- Traditional metal or hardcore. This ties into the above.

- Whining about how nothing will ever be as good as At The Gates or some crap.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the better bands are...:

Abigail Williams

All That Remains

All Shall Perish

Between the Buried and Me

Becoming the Archetype

Black Dahlia Murder

Buried Inside

Caliban

Dead to Fall

Despised Icon

Heaven Shall Burn

Job for a Cowboy

Old Man Gloom

Swarm of the Lotus

The Red Chord

Through the Eyes of the Dead

Trivium

i'm probably missing a ton, but those are the ones me and mitch could come up with... look into them if you're interested in the genre

Metalcore is the new hair metal. My reasoning for this is simple...

We live in a second great age of metal, when 'metal' is back in the mianstream and I can go into a store like Hot Topic and see a fucking Children of Bodom shirt. That being said, the reason it is so popular again is because of the debased subgenre that brought it to light... Metalcore. Much like hair metal of the 80's this is what everyone sees as metal. This is the image the scene gets because that's what the mainstream wants and what record companies can sell.

Yet the genre, much like hair metal, has very little innovation and only sports an extremely small variety of notable bands while the rest are just a xerox of the big names.

With this similar atmosphere of the scene to that of the 80's and thinner the metalcore blood gets, I expect an almost exact progression as that of 80's bands in which public attitude with change in such a way that they almost immediately, in masse, crave something that metalcore can give them; possibly an actual message, point, or facsimile of intelligence. It'll be grunge killing metal all over again and the scene will go underground and, hopefully, metalcore will be almost obliterated by the backlash of people no longer caring.

Metalcore is the new hair metal. My reasoning for this is simple...

We live in a second great age of metal, when 'metal' is back in the mianstream and I can go into a store like Hot Topic and see a fucking Children of Bodom shirt. That being said, the reason it is so popular again is because of the debased subgenre that brought it to light... Metalcore. Much like hair metal of the 80's this is what everyone sees as metal. This is the image the scene gets because that's what the mainstream wants and what record companies can sell.

Yet the genre, much like hair metal, has very little innovation and only sports an extremely small variety of notable bands while the rest are just a xerox of the big names.

With this similar atmosphere of the scene to that of the 80's and thinner the metalcore blood gets, I expect an almost exact progression as that of 80's bands in which public attitude with change in such a way that they almost immediately, in masse, crave something that metalcore can give them; possibly an actual message, point, or facsimile of intelligence. It'll be grunge killing metal all over again and the scene will go underground and, hopefully, metalcore will be almost obliterated by the backlash of people no longer caring.

Okay, I guess it sort of answers my question on why a lot of people don't like it.

Edit: I am putting Trivium along with Chariot in my first post, el oh el!

so much for contributing... :rolleyes:

Calm your panties down Miss. Stranger! Here are some tampons, you might need them for that special moment.

For those who do not know the two bands I mentioned. Well... Don't worry, I don't know them as well as other bands I listen to (Rush, Iron Maiden, etc.)

Misery Signals is one of the Metalcore bands I can stand. Their new album, Mirrors, is already out.

Converge are one of the founders of the genre. It is a lot heavier than most of the metalcore bands out there. So, don't expect to understand their lyrics right away.

Edit: No, fuck you Stranger. It gets really annoying when you do this.

Calm your panties down Miss. Stranger! Here are some tampons, you might need them for that special moment.

For those who do not know the two bands I mentioned. Well... Don't worry, I don't know them as well as other bands I listen to (Rush, Iron Maiden, etc.)

Misery Signals is one of the Metalcore bands I can stand. Their new album, Mirrors, is already out.

Converge are one of the founders of the genre. It is a lot heavier than most of the metalcore bands out there. So, don't expect to understand their lyrics right away.

Wrong you are. Converge is not metalcore...... Thrash and metal. Metalcore in itself is a joke.

But I only like two metalcore bands; Mastodon and The Human Abstract.

Everyone knows Mastodon but The Human Abstract is relatively unknown but they are an amazing progressive metalcore band, which sounds like an oxymoron, but they're alot like what The Dillinger Escape Plan used to be in the beginning but more progressive.

Really? I keep hearing a lot of people clumping them more of a progressive band than a metalcore band.

Wrong you are. Converge is not metalcore...... Thrash and metal. Metalcore in itself is a joke.

Go away.

And ONCE AGAIN.

What this thread is not for:

- Trolling metalcore. No one cares what you think about the genre.

- The Chariot and Trivium. They suck a fat one.

- A downward spiral of stupidity about how band x and y are totally not metalcore. It's a young genre, and one that's rather poorly defined at that. Unless a band is blatantly not metalcore, please press the 'back' button on your browser, because we don't need to hear about it.

- Traditional metal or hardcore. This ties into the above.

- Whining about how nothing will ever be as good as At The Gates or some crap.

Crubes being mean tonight...

umm, Kezia is their debut album... they got 2 older EP's (Search for the Truth and A Calculated Use of Sound) which i haven't heard... but I assume include tracks they use on Kezia ...

I meant as far as me calling them Protesting The Hero. :tongue: But yeah, I was wondering what was on those EPs. Let me go check.

Edit: Oh fuck it, too wrapped up with the new Maiden album right now, the search will be conducted next time.

Some of the better bands are...:

Abigail Williams

All That Remains

All Shall Perish

Between the Buried and Me

Becoming the Archetype

Black Dahlia Murder

Buried Inside

Caliban

Dead to Fall

Despised Icon

Heaven Shall Burn

Job for a Cowboy

Old Man Gloom

Swarm of the Lotus

The Red Chord

Through the Eyes of the Dead

Trivium

i'm probably missing a ton, but those are the ones me and mitch could come up with... look into them if you're interested in the genre

zomg breaking rules of the thread. Abigail Williams and Becoming the Archetype don't really strike me as metalcore. or the Red Chord for that matter. they're all rad as shit though

i mentioned Human Abstract in the the metal thread a while back. they weaved back and forth from fucking badass to incredibly annoying

and Crubey dug the shit out of Trivium not long ago. sudden change of heart, eh?

got some time before bed, double post

S.O.D. should get a mention even if 'crossover' is/was its own genre. OG combo of metal/hardcore and some punk (i guess)

and there's that band Nick went nuts for a while back, Darkest Hour

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

and what the hell's this all about? ^

i mentioned Human Abstract in the the metal thread a while back. they weaved back and forth from fucking badass to incredibly annoying

and Crubey dug the shit out of Trivium not long ago. sudden change of heart, eh?

So, Human Abstract is a hit or miss... right?

And what? :huh:

Edit: As far as S.O.D., I clumped them with thrash mostly due to Scott Ian and Charlie Benantes presence. :mellow: