Accelerated Evolution

Fall Season AHOY!

Crube

As always, translated from MOON PHASE.

These are probably good so you're not allowed to make contentless posts about how everything sucks: Chevalier, Death Note, Kanon, 009-1, Ayakashi Ayashi, GEASS

Things with actual dates:

08/19 Chevalier - The Rose of Versailles, but the crossdressing happens in the opposite direction, and there's some secret society and a demon.

08/20 Riri to Kaeru to (Oto) - A guy goes to an amusement park and meets a talking frog, and then.. some stuff I don't understand and an adventure occurs.

This is on Animax so it's an art film.

09/01 Ghost in the Shell S.A.C Solid State Society - Pay-per-view showing of the S.A.C movie.

09/08 Lupin III: Seven Days Rhapsody - Probably just a one-shot, but still, Lupin III.

09/08 Black Blood Brothers - Vampire show. That guy doesn't look at all like Alucard, no way.

09/16 Silk Road - Shounen Yuto - 3D CGI kids' show

09/17 & 09/18 Taiyou no Mukishiroku

09/22 UFO Princess Walküre 4 - Somehow Arco's fault.

09/28 Pokémon Diamond & Pearl

09/-- (Kimi ga Nozomu Eien) Ayu-Mayu Theater

This is actually an internet radio broadcast, as far as I can tell. Why is it in the TV listings? Don't ask me, I just translate them.

10/01 La Corda D'oro ~Primo Passo~ (Kin'iro no Corda) - Quite possibly a shoujo romance about a girl who plays violin.

10/03 D.Gray-man

10/03 Death Note

10/04 Negima (Mahou Sensei Magister Negi Magi etc) - Animated by SHAFT (Tsukuyomi, PPD), not the retarded chimpanzees that did the last one.

10/05 Sasami & The Magical Girl Club 2 - The first one wasn't any good, in case you were wondering.

10/05 Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuki wo! - That means "Mamoru was blessed by a goddess", but nobody cares.

High school romantic comedy possible magical powers involved silly hairstyles etc

10/05 Kanon (Key/Kyoto Animation) - Same production team as AIR and Haruhi, better character design than AIR.

This is a 26-episode remake of the last production.

10/05 Asatte no Houkou - Triad-bait. I'm not confident enough to translate the plot summary.

10/05 009-1 - In the grim future of anime there is only war and a spy drama.

This is based on a work by Shōtarō Ishinomori, which is very good, but it's actually completely unrelated to Cyborg 009.

10/07 Pururun! Shizuka-chan - I... don't know.

10/07 Ayakashi Ayashi - A strange tale of the Tempou period (1831-1845).

BONES' new 50-episode show.

Clearly a ripoff of Gun Musashi, which was clearly a ripoff of David Gonterman: http://www.commuterbarnacle.com/gonterman/441.html

(By the way, this Shou Aikawa guy is clearly some kind of hero.)

But anyway,

10/07 Jigoku Shoujo 2nd - The last series ended up being very good. You just stopped watching before that.

10/07 History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi - I have the vague feeling I should know what this is.

October, but no more accurate date:

Kekkai-shi - You know, like Mushi-shi, but he -shis barriers instead of Mushi.

I'm pretty sure I read a chapter of this in Animerica and that it's shounen fighting.

Lovely Idol - I'm just going to pretend this doesn't exist.

Katekyoushi Hitman REBORN!

Usahana & Kerokerokeroppi - Two different things, combined into one entry because they have no website and are both named after Hello Kitty characters. (I have a perfectly good reason to know this okay)

Hataraki Man - From a 1989 hit fashion-industry manga.

Happiness! - Dating game adaptation, but with more annoying 4chan meme because one of the girls is a boy.

Busou Renkin/Weapon Alchemist - Shounen Jump manga: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busou_Renkin

Tokimeki Memorial ~Only Love~ - Dating game again. This one's FAMOUS, though. Even parodied in Excel Saga!

Yamato Nadesico 7 Change - Apparently not actually about anorexia. "Wallflower" in the US.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthrea...3#post313675713

Yoake mae yori ruri-iro na Crescent Love - Great name. Unfortunately, it's a dating game, but at least the female lead is named "Feena Pham Ashura Ito".

CODE GEASS - Lelouch of the Rebellion - Really tall people (designs by CLAMP) fight each other in giant robots (designs by Sunrise). Bad trailer: http://www.geass.jp/promo.html

In case you're paying attention to staff, practically everyone involved who isn't CLAMP worked on Planetes.

Otome wa Oboku-sama ni Koishiteru - Princess Princess.

Pumpkin Scissors - GONZO.

~Gift~ eternal rainbow - They're trying to sneak Da Capo up on us, aren't they.

Giniro no Orinshisu (no website) - Japanese Wikipedia says it's a light novel, and that it has illustrations by Hirashi "I can only draw one face" Hirai. No plot description.

Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohani hoheto - A picture of a guy with a sword.

Bartender - Yep, a bartender. He's tending bar.

Artificial Insect Kabutoborg - kids' fighting show

Ghost Hunt - Horror, with no real website. The author won a manga prize alongside Mushi-shi... for another manga. :iiam:

Marginal Prince ~Gekkeiju no Oujitachi~ - bishounen

Movies

(These dates are pretty much useless to us, since they're not DVD release dates, but those aren't available yet.)

09/17 Mahou Sensei Negima! Summer Edition

10/01 Aim for the Top! & Aim for the Top 2! Combined Movie - D:

(I can't actually tell if this is one movie or two back-to-back. It's showing in Akihabara somewhere on that date if you want to report on it.)

It is a mystery

Bleach Memories of Nobody

New Space Battleship Yamato * Revival Compilation - This should answer all your questions.

Mushi-shi - Live-action, directed by Katsuhiro Otomo

Makoto Shinkai's movie 5 Centimeters per Second comes out in 2007. Here's a very pretty trailer: http://a.scarywater.net/triad/[Triad]_5cm_teaser.mp4.torrent

OVA

Really, only NegativeZero cares about these, but here they are.

08/25 Stratos 4 Log Book

09/22 Stratos 4 Advance CODE 207

09/27 Kaleido Star

"Sometime this fall" Strike Witches - Like Yukikaze, but moe!

"This isn't even fall season" bonus extra:

11/29 Maria-sama ga Miteru 3rd Season, OVA 1

Oh, maybe the Densha Otoko Mina extra thing (http://www.gonzo.co.jp/title/mina/) will come out. Probably not though.

Bonus post-fall announcements:

Galaxy Angel II - Really. Entirely new cast too.

Kujibiki Unbalance

Super Robot Wars Original Generation

Nodame Cantabile (paging Hildgrim) - This may actually be live-action though.

Studio GAINAX - Maiking Breakthrough Gurren-Lagann

IDOLM@STER

Giant Robo

Emma, a Victorian Romance, second season - This is based entirely on one magazine article, but I think they just don't bother updating their website.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha 3rd StrikerS

D. Grey Man and Perfect Girl Evolution seem the most promising right off the bat. Can't really bother looking at the rest of the list right now now since I'm drunk rofl

edit: also, the mecha anime done by CLAMP should be intresting

Volumes one and two of the D. Gray-Man manga is already out in America. Go check em out! :crube:

09/22 UFO Princess Walküre 4 - Somehow Arco's fault.

Give Sanada her own series already damn it!

10/05 Kanon (Key/Kyoto Animation) - Same production team as AIR and Haruhi, better character design than AIR.

This is a 26-episode remake of the last production.

This is probably going to be the big show this fall, but I frankly couldn't care less about it :/

10/07 History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi - I have the vague feeling I should know what this is.

-Heard the manga had some great action sequences, so I might check this one out

Yamato Nadesico 7 Change - Apparently not actually about anorexia. "Wallflower" in the US.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthrea...3#post313675713[/url

]

-despite the character designs, this one is a pretty good tongue-in-cheek shoujo parody. Good stuff

Otome wa Oboku-sama ni Koishiteru://http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...a ni Koishiteru - Princess Princess.

-....DAMN YOU JAPAN. DAMN YOU AND YOUR DELICIOUS TRAPS

Bartender - Yep, a bartender. He's tending bar.

-The show that will make otaku all over the world into alcoholics :hardgay:

Artificial Insect Kabutoborg - kids' fighting show

-looks like Big Bad Beetle Borgs

Marginal Prince ~Gekkeiju no Oujitachi~ - bishounen

-I lol'd

Bonus post-fall announcements:

Nodame Cantabile (paging Hildgrim) - This may actually be live-action though.

-better be animated

Studio GAINAX - Maiking Breakthrough Gurren-Lagann

-looks pretty cool

IDOLM@STER

-KILL IT WITH FIRE

Giant Robo

-HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITSHOLYSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT *orgasm*

Emma, a Victorian Romance, second season - This is based entirely on one magazine article, but I think they just don't bother updating their website.

-awesome. Hopefully they animate the rest of the manga rather then just one volume this time

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha 3rd StrikerS

-no more delicious flat chest ;_;

Also Crube, I'd like to know where you get these preview things, becuase its obviously not your own handy work

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...