Accelerated Evolution

Haibane Renmei

Gundampilotspaz

Summary: "A dream of falling from the sky...and then birth. Rakka is born from a large cocoon into the Old Home, greeted by a group of females with small wings on their backs and shining halos above their heads. Soon Rakka’s own wings grow, a halo is placed on her head and she is told that she must work in the nearby town of Grie. She soon realizes that the town and the entire world they live in are confined behind the Wall, a tall, impenetrable wall that none except the mysterious Toga are allowed to exit."

-From Anime News Network

Moved From RT:

Isn't it your fave?

I remember you once recommending it to me... I never got around to seeing it though. I will someday I hope.

It really is a wonderful series, hard to watch at times because you love the characters so much and you have a hard time dealing with what happens to them. But because you love the characters so much and they are going though some.. awful things it makes you want to continue watching to see how they get though the trouble.

Of course, there are serious issues never answered. Questions that I really wish would be....... and you'd think they would be answered since they are asked many times thoughout the series.

Haibane Renmei was, even before I saw it, quite appealing to me. I have a strong interest in metaphysics and the like, and so it seemed to fit perfectly with that. I was right, but not only was the subject extremely interesting, I soon found that the animation was good, the music was beautiful, and there was an interesting plot shrouded in mystery. There were a couple of parts I couldn't help but laugh at- particularly Rakka being the only one who cared about Kuu. The ending was good, but I wish it had shown what happened to Rakka long-term.

Interpretations, anyone? For my part I think that they were in Purgatory, and that beyond the wall was heaven. After all, their dreams all indicate some form of death. I've heard that ABe has said they were not all suicides, so that view must be discarded, but it's clear that at least Reki and probably Rakka were (that's actually, in my opinion, the explanation for the whole "sin-bound" thing). There's also the matter of the music emanating from the other side of the wall, and the strong energies it apparently emitted, both in support of this theory.

. There were a couple of parts I couldn't help but laugh at- particularly Rakka being the only one who cared about Kuu. The ending was good, but I wish it had shown what happened to Rakka long-term.

The reason for that would only be that she didn't know, wasn't prepared, and feared that all the others would leave her as well. She had to accept those issues to move on as a Haibane.

Interpretations, anyone? For my part I think that they were in Purgatory, and that beyond the wall was heaven. After all, their dreams all indicate some form of death. I've heard that ABe has said they were not all suicides, so that view must be discarded, but it's clear that at least Reki and probably Rakka were (that's actually, in my opinion, the explanation for the whole "sin-bound" thing). There's also the matter of the music emanating from the other side of the wall, and the strong energies it apparently emitted, both in support of this theory.

That is tougher, they need to repent for something, that is certian. In order for them to move on they need to complete something, or learn something. but why they go there and what exactly it is can be interperated based on personal mythological beliefs.

But yes, Rakka and Reki both were probably suicide.