Accelerated Evolution

Ferentus

Wind

So far I am a level 9, Barbarian Knight and I am heavily enjoying the experiance. I play on the 'US EAST' server under the name "Gaahl"

The graphics are very similar to those in everquest, except with better textures and envirnments/weather effects. The map/compass is inspired by Ultima Online, while the inventory / equip system seems right out of Diablo/Diablo 2.

The community of players seems to be very large, with that said it is amazing that the lag is nearly un-noticable, if their is lag it is usually because of your computer / hardware. People mostly seem mature, which is a great feat since usually little kids flock to free games.

Anyway, I am enjoying this heavily and I am getting a similar rush and enjoyment to when I first played Everquest in 1999, this game is great and growing to be even better.

http://www.ferentus.com

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lame. Anyone with IE7 installed will get a message saying "Please install Internet Explorer 6 or later."

[EDIT]BY THIS I MEAN THAT THE GAME WILL NOT WORK IF YOU HAVE INTERNET EXPLORER 7 INSTALLED.

Or XP x64 or Vista Beta 2/RC1 for that matter.[/EDIT]

According to the games message boards they will not fix the problem until 7 is final.

Some people seem to have had luck with editing their registry, but since I don't have XP currently installed I think I'm screwed...

WTF??? i just installed IE7 for this game which i wold never gt otherwise and still says i need IE 6 or higher. anyone know where i can find IE6? that doesn't come with the service pack?

EDIT: ok now i'm fucked excuse my language. i installed IE7 like i said before but now i can't uninstall it as it says i am not in the same user profile that i was when i installed it.

summon has stopped leveling up? what do you mean?

My summon skills level up as I get kills, but apparently their maximum level is linked to your current level, which keeps botters from just farming wolves overnight and waking up with an overpowered summon. It's a good idea, just that the maximum level shouldn't be 2 when your level is 5 (it takes maybe 5 kills to go 1->2, and at least 30 kills to get you from 5->6)

Anyway, got to lv10 last night, might consider rerolling since i blew off the first 6 stat points on int/dex

and for future summoners:

- vit/str. don't bother with int until later, because you'll have more MP than SP, and spells cost both MP and SP (of roughly equal amounts, too). str you'll need for equipping the newest armor and weapons. dex is useless because you'll never be the one getting hit after lv5 unless your summon dies.

- get sword mastery. you'll be using a sword forever as extra damage for summons, it'll help later on once it's leveled up.

- get the first two summons. even the healer. it'll help get you to 5, which i imagine would be long and painful without one. skip the offensive spellcaster, it sucks both at doing damage and tanking.

- leave your computer on with a macro to level up elemental defence and elemental heal whenever you can.

- don't go and buy stuff at the spellcaster store, you can't use any of it. summoners use swords and warrior armor for some obscure reason.

My summon skills level up as I get kills, but apparently their maximum level is linked to your current level, which keeps botters from just farming wolves overnight and waking up with an overpowered summon. It's a good idea, just that the maximum level shouldn't be 2 when your level is 5 (it takes maybe 5 kills to go 1->2, and at least 30 kills to get you from 5->6)

Anyway, got to lv10 last night, might consider rerolling since i blew off the first 6 stat points on int/dex

and for future summoners:

- vit/str. don't bother with int until later, because you'll have more MP than SP, and spells cost both MP and SP (of roughly equal amounts, too). str you'll need for equipping the newest armor and weapons. dex is useless because you'll never be the one getting hit after lv5 unless your summon dies.

- get sword mastery. you'll be using a sword forever as extra damage for summons, it'll help later on once it's leveled up.

- get the first two summons. even the healer. it'll help get you to 5, which i imagine would be long and painful without one. skip the offensive spellcaster, it sucks both at doing damage and tanking.

- leave your computer on with a macro to level up elemental defence and elemental heal whenever you can.

- don't go and buy stuff at the spellcaster store, you can't use any of it. summoners use swords and warrior armor for some obscure reason.

I am level 13, we should group bro, whats your in game name?

also, diggin it so far?

I am level 13, we should group bro, whats your in game name?

also, diggin it so far?

I'm on USWest so we probably can't, unless this is one of those games with one central server.

The grind is more vicious than what I've been playing the entire year... but quests are getting me through the 10s. I explored around and ended up at some fort that only sells Lv20 and Lv24 items, so I'm backtracking to look for a Lv15 merchant.

Things'll get easier when I manage to set up a macro to level up my Elemental Defence and another for Sword Mastery.