Accelerated Evolution

Spaceballs: The Animated Series

Crube

Mel Brooks' `Spaceballs' Gets Animated

Thursday, September 21, 2006 4:51 PM EDT

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Mel Brooks, whose comedy hits include "The Producers" and "Blazing Saddles," is bringing his sci-fi spoof "Spaceballs" to television in cartoon form.

"Spaceballs: The Animated Series" will air on the G4 television network beginning next fall, it was announced Wednesday.

The 1987 film, which starred Brooks, Rick Moranis and John Candy, parodied "Star Wars" and other sci-fi movies. The new animated version will poke fun at blockbuster movies, reality TV, politics and pop culture.

Brooks, 80, will write the pilot episode and voice two of the show's characters.

"Spaceballs: The Animated Series" is the result of a partnership among the G4 network, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, Brooksfilms Ltd. and Berliner Film Companie GmbH.

Oh Christ, why did it have to be on G4? Nobody is going to watch it. What in the name of Clor made them go to G4 in the first place? Why not Adult Swim, Comedy Central, or some other network that people actually watch?

I have no clue really. I don't think a lot of G4 viewers know what Spaceballs is anyway.

Oh Christ, why did it have to be on G4? Nobody is going to watch it. What in the name of Clor made them go to G4 in the first place? Why not Adult Swim, Comedy Central, or some other network that people actually watch?

That and I believe that DirecTV is the only Cable/Satelite company to offer G4 in their basic programming.

..only one that is available in my area anyway.