Accelerated Evolution

Online Job Applications

Svenska Aeroplan

I need a new job, bad. My days are being cut where I work now. Just in time for winter and my electric bill to go up. So I have been putting in applications around town. Many of these places now make you fill out the application online which includes a 2154154121254154151 billion question personality survey.

I've been trying to get on at Best Buy since I would like to get in on Geek Squad in the future. I kept going in and checking on my application again and again. I mostly talked to the same manager and ,he told me that they would be doing seasonal hiring soon, and since I kept checking in, he was all for setting me up for an interview, and even instructed the hiring girl to do so. So, I just got off the phone with the hiring girl at Best Buy. She won't interview me because I didn't pass the fucking personality internvew! FUCKING BULLSHIT!

Where I work now, no one has worked more hours and taken more call-ins than me! Even with full time school I work harder more than everyone else there! I've worked so much I've made myself sick before!

..but, I don't fit their god damn personality survey!

You have to think of the answer that emplyers want to hear. Common sense works for those applications. I fucking hate those too. I only did one of those when I was applying at the Home Depot a long time ago. I passed it & everything. I even got a call, but their schedule was shitacular & I told them to eat a dick if they expected me to work Friday, Saturday, & Sunday, but not work the rest of the week. What type of shit is that? My social life will be gone! Needless to say, I never even bothered to go to the interview. Hahahaha!

What I'm so pissed off about is that I've seen the same quiz at damn near everything I've applied for. No wonder I can't get a better job. Next time I'm just going to lie and answer the questions like a lazy incompetant sack of shit these companies seem to prefer to hire.

What pisses me off the most though is that Best Buy is doing hiring RIGHT NOW, and I'm locked out for 30 days because of the fuckign quiz.

God I am so fucking pissed off. I'm so sick and tired of seeing the employees in these places getting paid more than me to stand around with their thumbs up their asses while I work so much that I get sick from exhaustion for a company that is now rewarding my efforts by cutting my hours to the point where I'm scared I won't be able to pay my bills.

I've only done an online application once for Borders. I didn't hear from them, but whatever.

Oh, and fuck the geek squad. They don't know what to do, they really don't. My dad is in the exact same business as them (except he's running his own one man business), and his 37 years of computer experience vs. some dude who pretends to be this computer geek is indeed greater. A good portion of the customers that have called him did so because they wanted to undo what the Geek Squad did.

Man, the on campus geek squad equivalent at my school is so shitty. My roommate asked one of their technicians to come in (they hire students who know about computers) and the guy couldn't help him at all. After about five minutes of talking, the technician just told my roommate "You know way more about computers than I do. You should get a job at Resnet." My roommate is thinking of doing just that, if that's their standard.

Dude. You need to develope some kind of skill. Your best bet is going to school. I worked at Best Buy for 6 long fucking years. I consider that 6 wasted years of my life that could have been spent better at Cal Poly Pomona majoring in Mechanical Engineering. I would probably be making somewhere in the $100K range by now.

But yeah. All these jobs now screen people. You can't get an interview until you pass that & even then, you might not even hear from them. It's bullshit I tell you. You can't be fucking honest at all. They also repeat a lot of those questions, but usually reworded. That's how they catch a lot of people. Believe me, if I answered some of those questions the way I wanted to, I'd probablly get the FBI sent to my house! Hahahaha!

I'll tell you this much. I hope you're good at selling & you don't mind selling stupid shit to people 'cause that's what they're going to make you do & if you don't, you get written up. You know what's the best part about that? No comission at Best Buy. Turn on the fun!

Yeah, as you can tell, I fucking hate Best Buy & I avoid that place like a disease. Good luck man! ( ^_^)/

I'm in school now actually. I'm about 20 weeks away from my Associates of Applied Science in I.T.

I don't see Best Buy as a great job in any sense of the word, just better than what I have now. Mostly though, I want the job in order to prove to future employers where I actually do want a job that I can work with the public and difficult customers. Geek Squad would also be a good first step into the I.T. field. No one is going to want to hire a dish washer for a decent paying I.T. position.

I just cannot believe that they wouldn't give me an interview. They wanted to give me an interview. If it weren't for that stupid quiz I would most likley be working there now.

For those who didn't read the thread, I actually got an interview a while back at friggin Symantec for the Product Support Gold position. I'm talking about an in the door, past the security gates, personal tour of their corporate office type interview. I knew there was no way in hell I was going to get the job, but I managed to impress enough people to get in the door at least.

Where I work now, no one has worked more hours and taken more call-ins than me! Even with full time school I work harder more than everyone else there! I've worked so much I've made myself sick before!

..but, I don't fit their god damn personality survey!

That's because people care more about bullshit than work ethic. It should also be mentioned that taking tons of hours and having the tendency to accept call-ins consistently shows that you're a bit of a pushover, which lowers your level of respect.

I work lots of hours and take lots of call ins because the people I work with are my friends. Call-ins where I work now are always an emergency. Working myself sick has more to do with also going to school full time on top of a full time job rather than just the job itself.

I NEVER take call-ins when I have to be at school or have already made some other plans. THAT would make me a push over.

I applied for Borders and got one of those personality tests. It was annoying, and I never heard back from them, so now I'm working at Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut is fine and all, I don't mind making pizzas, but working 10 hours a day two days in a row (because a cook no-showed, so I had to do his shift plus my original one), and not getting breaks sucks.

With any job requiring a personality test, it's not too hard to realize that they're going to want the socially desirable response as opposed to the true answer (at least in my opinion).

SD, trust me, 10 hours a day is nothing. I think Sanjuro used to work 14-hour days over weekends sometimes...

With any job requiring a personality test, it's not too hard to realize that they're going to want the socially desirable response as opposed to the true answer (at least in my opinion).

SD, trust me, 10 hours a day is nothing. I think Sanjuro used to work 14-hour days over weekends sometimes...

Try working 22 hours straight every so often. Hahahaha! (^o^ )

Yup. Somtimes I have to stay that long at work. My boss has it worse. Sometimes he doesn't go home for 2 days straight... He just sleeps briefly in his office. ( 'o') !!

I applied for Borders and got one of those personality tests. It was annoying, and I never heard back from them, so now I'm working at Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut is fine and all, I don't mind making pizzas, but working 10 hours a day two days in a row (because a cook no-showed, so I had to do his shift plus my original one), and not getting breaks sucks.

ummmm

I'm pretty sure that illegal

• 1 month later...

bump!

The same things happen to me.. At first I filled out those personality surveys honestly, and no call back. Then I thought about all the people I knew who have good jobs (popular blonde girl types) and tried to put what they would put on a survey and still no call back. :X