Accelerated Evolution

I think I could get a girlfriend. : \

My psychiatrist told me that I needed to get out and date girls and such (and have sex), and when I told my psychologist what he said (I left out the sex part) she agreed. So I figured... why the fuck not?

So there's this girl named Heather at my school. She's a senior (that being one year ahead of me) and she seems sort of offbeat. She also is an editor for the school's annual poetry/prose/photo/art publication, which I just joined. I think that's pretty cool, and I find her uncannily hot... but...

Liking a senior is practically setting myself up for being made a fool and is the equivalent of charging head on into a wall of rejection. I had a bad experiance with asking out a girl a year older than me when I was a freshman and let me tell you the danger is real! :ohmy:

Anyway, there's this other girl, Brittany, who I think is a neat person (and has cute eyebrows...) but I'm not sexually attracted to her and don't want to kiss her or date her or anything but I bet that if I made friendly with her a bit longer that I could ask her out and get a yes, but the whole concept leaves me feeling neutral for some reason. Even though this is the first time someone who wasn't weird or shallow or in 7th grade has liked me...

So, I have no clue what to do. My goal is sitting right in front of me and I could easily get a date but I'm not sure if I want a date... it might be good for me. I crave sweet kisses and warm smiles and what not but I'm afraid kissing Brittany might be bitter more than anything. When I even think about romantic stuff I, on occassion, become enraged and want to tear someone's throat out with my bare hands. (I shit you not, I actually have that precise mental image).

I'm wondering if I'm letting my mental healthcare professionals push me into something, but at the same time the idea of a girlfriend seems like it... might... help me. My psychologist said that it's best to go for someone who isn't first on your list anyway, but I'd feel kind of weird dating someone who I'm interested in more as a friend than anything then going to sleep every night thinking about Heather.

I feel fucked, but I think I might just be getting wound up in myself.

Comments, opinions, help, insults... just throw me a bone. @_@

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you have a psychiatrist? They're a complete waste of money.

Always helpful.

My psychiatrist told me that I needed to get out and date girls and such (and have sex), and when I told my psychologist what he said (I left out the sex part) she agreed. So I figured... why the fuck not?

So there's this girl named Heather at my school. She's a senior (that being one year ahead of me) and she seems sort of offbeat. She also is an editor for the school's annual poetry/prose/photo/art publication, which I just joined. I think that's pretty cool, and I find her uncannily hot... but...

Liking a senior is practically setting myself up for being made a fool and is the equivalent of charging head on into a wall of rejection. I had a bad experiance with asking out a girl a year older than me when I was a freshman and let me tell you the danger is real! :ohmy:

Anyway, there's this other girl, Brittany, who I think is a neat person (and has cute eyebrows...) but I'm not sexually attracted to her and don't want to kiss her or date her or anything but I bet that if I made friendly with her a bit longer that I could ask her out and get a yes, but the whole concept leaves me feeling neutral for some reason. Even though this is the first time someone who wasn't weird or shallow or in 7th grade has liked me...

So, I have no clue what to do. My goal is sitting right in front of me and I could easily get a date but I'm not sure if I want a date... it might be good for me. I crave sweet kisses and warm smiles and what not but I'm afraid kissing Brittany might be bitter more than anything. When I even think about romantic stuff I, on occassion, become enraged and want to tear someone's throat out with my bare hands. (I shit you not, I actually have that precise mental image).

I'm wondering if I'm letting my mental healthcare professionals push me into something, but at the same time the idea of a girlfriend seems like it... might... help me. My psychologist said that it's best to go for someone who isn't first on your list anyway, but I'd feel kind of weird dating someone who I'm interested in more as a friend than anything then going to sleep every night thinking about Heather.

I'd say go for the older chick. I realize there is a higher chance of rejection, a feeling that enjoys, but it sounds like it would be a much more educational relationship. Then again, maybe you should wait until college to start worrying too much about girls. In my personal experience that is a slightly more responsible rout.

If you get rejected by the older girl, bang the younger one and rub it in the older one's face. As my dad always says, teenage girls always want what they can't have.

After all, even if you feel nothing for the younger one, she can at least be used as a pawn to get what you DO want.

OWN3D that would be really fuckin mean though.

After all, even if you feel nothing for the younger one, she can at least be used as a pawn to get what you DO want.

Holy shit SD. :ohmy: I never would have expected that from you.

Thanks for the advice guys... the prevailing opinion seems to be that I should go for the older girl... I'll find out something about her. Maybe I could use my writing to attract her or something.

I appreciate the feedback because it's been unnecessarily plaguing my mind.

Your psychiatrist sounds like the bad boy of the mental health profession.

He really is, but he's a funny and helpful guy. :laugh:

And I gets ma pills from him! :buki:

Don't worry, the internet will always love you.

:wub:

I would go for the younger girl because prairie woman just wants someone to help with the farm, but I think you should at least try the older girl first.

I also think getting a girlfriend would help you since romance seems so important in your mind

I also think getting a girlfriend would help you since romance seems so important in your mind

That's what I was thinking, because I'm overflowing with romantic stuff and writing poetry won't help me entirely.

I'm gonna see if I can figure out a way for that girl to see some of my writing.

Go for the senior or doan't do anything. It sounds like the best route (even if you do get rejected) because she's the one you actually like that way. If you choose to do nothing (or get rejected), you've still got friends, right? Don't worry, the internet will always love you.

Don;t lie to the poor boy. The internet disowned him ages ago and openly hates him.

THEINTERNETHATESYOU.jpg

you needed a phsychiatrist and a phsychologist to tell you that?

Heather. From what little of you I still know, plus what you give here, I say ask Heather.

P.S.

You know peple who aren't wierd or shallow? People who aren't shallow are automatically considered wierd.