Accelerated Evolution

Final Fantasy XII

Scarface

FFXII intro

Music goes a long way in my book, and the music in Final Fantasy has always been a weak point for me.

The intro's music hit a nostalgic bone in me, and almost was my second favorite intro of the four games I am interested in....

BUT!

Van is such an ugly ass mother fucker, so it got shot down to number three.

~

Anyways, the game comes out in November, anyone pikcing it up when it's released?

DRL has already told me that the collectors edition is a waste of money.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, your loss for missing out on the best FF game in years.

Even if it is the best FF in years, that's still not saying much since all the recent FF games have sucked. And besides, as I've learned with FFX, even if the game sucks, people are still going to say its the best. It's not like I have a shortage of RPGs either. SMT: Nocturne, Devil Summoner, DDS2, Tales of Legendia, Tales of the Abyss, Summon Night 1 & 2, Children of Mana, Magical Starsign, Dragon Quest VIII, Super Robot Taisen, Disgaea 2... the list goes on. I think I have enough RPGs to last me all of next year, if not longer.

Even if it is the best FF in years, that's still not saying much since all the recent FF games have sucked. And besides, as I've learned with FFX, even if the game sucks, people are still going to say its the best. It's not like I have a shortage of RPGs either. SMT: Nocturne, Devil Summoner, DDS2, Tales of Legendia, Tales of the Abyss, Summon Night 1 & 2, Children of Mana, Magical Starsign, Dragon Quest VIII, Super Robot Taisen, Disgaea 2... the list goes on. I think I have enough RPGs to last me all of next year, if not longer.

Truth

I'll get FF12 when it is 20 bucks.

Never said I wasn't going to get it. It's a fucking Square game. It will NEVER be hard to find, and eventually it WILL drop in price. Me and the other musketeers are just saving money that everyone else is foolishly wasting on the game.

We aren't missing out on anything, we are just smarter then you all.

HA!

Trust me, SE doesn't give a damn whether you buy the game at full price or the reduced price. Let me rephrase that. SE doesn't give a rat's ass if a couple people buy FF12 when it's cheaper because they know a whole slew of fucking retards will dish out full price and buy it at launch.

As much as i hate to agree with the masses of SE lovers...this game is not all that bad, i never thought i would hear myself say that about another FF game for as long as i live. Considering how bad the track record has been with previous FF. Btw does the story pickup?? Cause so far it's pretty average and not all that great.

I dont give a fuck if people want to buy 12 other RPGs because other FFs sucked and they're on the fence about 12, I find that I'm saving money by buying FF and spending the next few months playing/replaying, because it is THAT much fun.

From my LJ:

-I cant believe the battle system is fun! Customizeable AI! Fun fun! :D You -have- to remain active and awake during fights, unless you master a gambit system for a certain area/series of monsters. For those who were skeptical like me, the 'glowy targetting lines' are not as annoying once you're playing the game. Also, boss fights are actually challenging. You'll find yourself sweating. Even if you know a secret, like the boss is weak to fire/blunt damage/etc., you can only depend on Quickenings and Espers to an extent, unless you wanna be cheap and spend hours PLing your characters ahead of time. You will wonder how you played without this system in the past.

-The license board system is a wonderful idea. I'm not even annoyed at the Esper and Quickening limits.

-Holy crap, Balthier. <3 IS MADE OF LOVE AND WIN.

-The translation is superb. Who translated/edited the English script? It's gorgeous, and the voice acting absolutely nails it. Hell, Larsa's VA makes me nearly turn into a pedophile. It's so hot. :D Fran and Balthier's VAs are really great, too. I'm not annoyed by any voices so far.

-I wish the tele crystals worked in FFXI the way they do here. :(

-I love how it's not a 'end of the world' scenario. It's a political story. :) Yayz0rz.

-Locations are HUGE, and up for tons of exploring later.

-Did I mention Balthier?

-Character designs are fantastic. Ashe is not as stupid/airheaded as she looks in the promo art. While she is inexperienced, it fits her character; she is a young princess who never really had the chance to rule before war screwed her over, and the game doesn't try to hide that. On the other hand, Vaan is very much as airheaded as he looks in the promo art. :P Optimistic/silly character. I seriously laughed for 5 minutes when he asked Fran what her age was in the forest. (I was wondering the same thing, though!)

-Romance is not the main point of the story, which I also love.

-The slash potential!!!!! XD How they can get so many legitimate incest pairings out of a game is beyond me, including twincest!

The story does pick up. I'm glad I didn't get spoilers ahead of time, but it does definitely pick up.

I'm just loving the European-inspired artwork. I've been getting annoyed with ultra-genki anime/manga designs in RPGs lately. :X I even had to play the LotR RPG, just to find something different.

I'm just loving the European-inspired artwork. I've been getting annoyed with ultra-genki anime/manga designs in RPGs lately. :X I even had to play the LotR RPG, just to find something different.

oh gee

A JAPANESE RPG with ANIME/MANGA character designs!!! It's more likely than you think!!!

Anyway, I do have an FFXII question that might influence me getting the game quicker. Does it have a japanese voice option because english dubs suck 10 times out of 10?

DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU^9999999999999999999999