Accelerated Evolution

HAHAHA!

Battle_Pope

The rating system is good, but the problem is that most people don't seem to understand how it works despite the tags being on both the back and front of the box.

And most of the time employes are just a joke when it comes to actually helping someone understand the system.

Regardless of that, the question of if the ESRB will have to play through a game completely before giving it a review. The length issue has already been brought up, but what about the difficulty?

The ESRB consists and relies on average joes to help review the content of games, not some professional players who have been playing games for ages.

I was not doubting that. I was just saying (or trying to say) that ESRB could make this thing work even though it is much more effort than needed.

No, they couldn't. You cannot feasibly finish "every game" that comes out. No matter how many people you have, because you have to have one person play one game. Even if that person only plays one game ever for the ESRB. Not to mention that many games come out that you actually "cannot" finish. Like MMO's and anything with procedural generation.

The ESRB as it works now is really, really stupid.

If you mess with their logo in any way for the boxart, they'll sue you. If you don't make it properly visible against a white background, they'll sue you. IMAGINE HOW THESE TWO WORK TOGETHER.

What's funny is that the content in the games that resurrected this, couldn't have been found regardless of how many hours it was played.

Eh, it probably won't get passed.

Not True. The primary game cited for this is actually Oblivion, which the ESRB openly admitted to only getting a couple of hours into. Which is how it got a T rating when it really shoudn't have.

Not True. The primary game cited for this is actually Oblivion, which the ESRB openly admitted to only getting a couple of hours into. Which is how it got a T rating when it really shoudn't have.

I was referring to the modded nipples and hot coffee fiascos.

We never could figure out what about Oblivion made it rated M.

Tits and violence.

Me and my room mates who all played Oblivion for countless hours on end had a discussion about it's rating one time.

We never could figure out what about Oblivion made it rated M.

Considering that there are very few things you can do in GTA that you can't do in Oblivion, I'm not surprised.

Granted, in Oblivion there's a penalty for some of them, and there's other things that you can do besides massacre innocents.

But still. I think the game should have an M rating, if we're going to have M Ratings.

it's impossible for anyone to play all one game and then give it a rating because you know, all the extra stuff they put in games now, and games having 40+ hours of playtime. Although it does put our tax money to work.

yea. like they said what about oblivion? it is a 400hr game. really, do the people at ESRB really have to play that whole game before it can be rated?

and that sounds liek a plan there protector.