Accelerated Evolution

35 or older? Play Pokemon? You may be a pedophile!

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...0370/1006/LOCAL

DNA tests have confirmed that a man arrested in Plainfield sexually molested a boy at a Zionsville park in June, police said Monday.

Stephen J. Taylor, 35, also had a warrant for child molestation in Marion County against him when he was arrested in late August, Plainfield police said.

Zionsville police arrested Taylor on a charge of child molestation after finding his DNA matched that found in the sweatband of a baseball cap left at the park.

"We believe this case has been solved," Zionsville Police Department Lt. Lee Hancock said. "We'll do everything to make sure it doesn't happen again."

Police said a man approached an 8-year-old boy in Creekside Park on June 27. The boy was at a summer camp and went into the woods to go to the bathroom. The man offered the boy $100 to allow him to perform a sex act. The boy allowed it.

The suspect left a Chicago Bulls baseball cap behind when he fled the scene.

Taylor has been held in the Hendricks County Jail since he was arrested Aug. 30 after Plainfield police said he was loitering in Hummel Park. Police said he is homeless and has no job.

He told police he had been sitting at a picnic table in the woods for at least six hours and gave them a false name.

Taylor eventually offered the phone number of his mother, who identified him. She lives in Marion County.

Taylor attempted to get away on a bicycle, but police captured him.

Police found a knife, a pair of scissors, three disposable razors, bug spray and a handheld electronic Pokemon game in Taylor's possession.

"A 35-year-old playing Pokemon? That's a red flag," Plainfield Detective Todd Knowles said.

Police said they also found a note nearby that stated he would perform a sex act for $100. He had more than $1,400 in cash on him, most of it in $100 bills.

After Plainfield police arrested Taylor, he was charged with two counts of resisting law enforcement and false informing. Taylor will be taken to the Boone County Jail and held on a $100,000 bond.

Boone County Prosecutor Todd Meyer on Monday applauded the efforts of Zionsville police.

If Taylor is found guilty, he could be sentenced to 20 to 50 years in prison.

"We have to be ever vigilant with our young children," Meyer said. "I can't think of a higher priority than protecting our children."

Thank God I have 14 years before I magically turn into a pedophile. emot-v.gif

Edit: How can a homeless man have that much money? emot-psyduck.gif

Police said a man approached an 8-year-old boy in Creekside Park on June 27. The boy was at a summer camp and went into the woods to go to the bathroom. The man offered the boy $100 to allow him to perform a sex act. The boy allowed it.

I blame the summer camp for not providing more adequate bathrooms

• 2 weeks later...

I think he means, that middle aged adults who're still very interested in children's games are prone to spend more time and be attracted to the company of children. They still have their "inner child" and would seek the company of children rather than adults their age.

Totally not saying that you can't play Pokemon when you're like 40. Just some are prone to be "dangerous" or lure children with games like that.

I think he means, that middle aged adults who're still very interested in children's games are prone to spend more time and be attracted to the company of children. They still have their "inner child" and would seek the company of children rather than adults their age.

Totally not saying that you can't play Pokemon when you're like 40. Just some are prone to be "dangerous" or lure children with games like that.

In the same sense like Michael Jackson.