Accelerated Evolution

Any thoughts on mindless religion bashers?

I mean, I don't really attach myself to any particular faith, but to ceaselessly attack other peoples faith, often with half-baked arguments that crumple with ease, seems just a little asshole-ish to me.

I mean their very name screams assholes. "Brights" as in they are somehow brighter than everyone else who believes different from them. Goddamn I hate pretentious, false intellectuals.

www.The-Brights.net

Jesus holy fuck!

They CREATED a religion to fight against religion!

They~!

CREATED!

A religion to battle against religion!

I'm more against organized religion than anyone else, spirituality can only be found within yourself. I don't think that anything positive can be drawn from religion in the modern world.

But making a religion out of basing religion, is completely insane.

I'll list these people with the scientologists.

Jesus holy fuck!

They CREATED a religion to fight against religion!

They~!

CREATED!

A religion to battle against religion!

I'm more against organized religion than anyone else, spirituality can only be found within yourself. I don't think that anything positive can be drawn from religion in the modern world.

But making a religion out of basing religion, is completely insane.

From what I read it doesn't sound like the Brights believe in anything spiritual. They seem to center their beliefs around scientific reason and not myths, superstition, and mysticism. I see nothing apparently wrong with that, but I'm sure there is some sort of hidden madness within. All religions are created for the soul purpose of manipulating people in order to achieve a goal afterall.

I thought this was going to be a serious discussion on the pricks that drive with their brights on.

I thought it would be a discussion on the 16-year olds who race up behind you and tap their brights thinking you're going to change lanes so that they can race past.

I laugh at those people and slow down to about 10 under the speed limit, knowing full well they're going fucking nuts back there and they can't do shit about it because it's a two-lane with the road construction and it's uphill and it's so fucking awesome to do that.

Yeah, I'm an asshole.

I thought it would be a discussion on the 16-year olds who race up behind you and tap their brights thinking you're going to change lanes so that they can race past.

I laugh at those people and slow down to about 10 under the speed limit, knowing full well they're going fucking nuts back there and they can't do shit about it because it's a two-lane with the road construction and it's uphill and it's so fucking awesome to do that.

Yeah, I'm an asshole.

I applaud you, sir.

I've always loved how people can claim to believe in the Big Bang without actually knowing anything about it. Its almost like they're *gasp* putting their faith in some sort of deity.

Physics is the most shaky thing ever.

Still, I prefer it because phycisists actually try to figure stuff out, as opposed to theologians who just accept perennial truths and base everything off of that.

Still, I prefer it because phycisists actually try to figure stuff out, as opposed to theologians who just accept perennial truths and base everything off of that.

I don't know, I've talk to some interesting Theologians in my day. My father has a good friend who's and Ex-Chatholic Priest and one of the most down to Earth guys I've ever met. Well educated and well read.

Yeah, I'm an asshole.

i used to do stuff like that when i drove often

Both things you say are 100% true.

The first page is full of stupidity too, "To be a Bright (someone who fits the definition and registers on this Web site )"

Apparently, you are not a bright...unless you register on the website.

"...this extraordinary effort to change the thinking of society..."

I didn't even know what a bright was until clicking this thread, and I'm positive most people didn't either, but they call their "effort" extraordinary.

I consider this entertaining.