Accelerated Evolution

Dexter

Orphaned at the age of four and harboring a traumatic secret, Dexter is adopted by a Miami police officer who recognizes Dexter's homicidal tendencies and teaches his son to channel his gruesome passion for human vivisection in a "constructive" way—by killing only heinous criminals who have slipped through the cracks of justice. A respected member of the police force, a perfect gentleman with a soft spot for children, Dexter is hard not to like. Although his drive to kill is unflinching, he struggles to emulate normal emotions and to keep up appearances as a caring, socially-responsible human being.

Official Site

about_me_photo.jpg

This. Show. Is. So. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! It's kind of like American Psycho meets CSI. It is based on a novel called Darkly Dreaming Dexter, which I would love to get.

Discuss.

• 1 month later...

If you're emotional you don't think like a sociopath, as the very definition is somebody totally without emotion or sympathy.

Um... a lot of sociopaths are passionate. It's possible to be an emotional person, be triggered to kill systematically, and have an emotional disconnection at the time of the murder. :D A lot of sociopaths are unbalanced in maaaany complex ways.

I talked to some investigators today, and some said that sometimes sociopaths take advantage of their disregard for 'normal' social proxemics to BOOST their tendencies.. build their personal ego, etc. I was totally lost, but I checked out Wikipedia. Surrounding themselves with people they feel are inferior acts as fuel. They only talked to me about it because I'm on the Fire side and work with the DFMs, and we've had a few arson cases with kids who had strong antisociol and sociopathic traits.

So basically, while the sociopath wouldn't go out and drink/party with a group of people, they dont suffer when fitting/blending in an actual group. They just find no pleasure in it, and have a mental disconnection.

Then again, considering what a posh city this is, I'm sure that's why we see the weirder cases. :P I guess most are really really anti-social.