Accelerated Evolution

Deftones-Saturday Night Wrist

Cleese

Yeah I'm probably a bit behind on the new here but anyway.

Deftones new album releases on October 31st

can either Listen or watch the vid for their single "Hole in the Earth" here

Sounds pretty solid to me, but if turns out to be like their previous one, I'll be really angry/dissppointed.

someone tell me how you can have a fat head but not be fat? Chino keeps confounding me

I found a sampler album on mininova with 4 songs from the album:

Beware-5:48

Cherry Waves-5:17

Hole in the Earth-4:12

Rapture-3:27

First 3 are awesome, solid, ambient, nothing like their last album, no screamo none of that shit. Rapture is the 'heavier' (i guess I'd call it) song, bit of yelling, but nothing like in their last one. Seems like there is a pretty good influence from Chino's Team Sleep in this album, with some nice electronic touches thrown into the songs; which shows to me a new direction the Deftones are going, but still have their roots that made them great.

This is really exciting news for any of you Deftones fans out there.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a copy of it this afternoon.

This is argueably their best work.

1. Hole in the earth

2. Rapture

3. Beware

4. Cherry waves

5. Mein (pretty sure Serj Tankian is on this track)

6. u, u, d, d, l, r, l, r, a, b, select, start

7. Xerxes

8. Rats! Rats! Rats!

9. Pink cellphone

10. Combat

11. The earth

12. Comanche

The sample disk is a real good repersentation of this albums work/theme. They've grown up, there's a bit of screaming in this, but its not as tasteless as it was on their last record. Ranges from the mellow, to the heavy, to the electronic. If you've given up on Deftones, come back now, you will not be dissppointed.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a copy of it this afternoon.

This is argueably their best work.

1. Hole in the earth

2. Rapture

3. Beware

4. Cherry waves

5. Mein (pretty sure Serj Tankian is on this track)

6. u, u, d, d, l, r, l, r, a, b, select, start

7. Xerxes

8. Rats! Rats! Rats!

9. Pink cellphone

10. Combat

11. The earth

12. Comanche

The sample disk is a real good repersentation of this albums work/theme. They've grown up, there's a bit of screaming in this, but its not as tasteless as it was on their last record. Ranges from the mellow, to the heavy, to the electronic. If you've given up on Deftones, come back now, you will not be dissppointed.

Beware is definately my favorite track on the album. Pink Cellphone's commentary definately gets a little weird towards the end of the track.