Accelerated Evolution

Dragonlance Animated Movie

D&D fans were already dissappointed with the D&D movie.

That's because the D&D movie was pretty much as far away from classic D&D as possible. They just made a movie with a shit ton of dragons in it and slapped on the name "Dungeons and Dragons." The Lord of the Rings movies would make far better D&D movies than the D&D movie did.

Anyways, this news makes me moist. The Dragonlance books were like the first fantasy novels I ever read (except for The Hobbit), so I'm looking forward to this.

Did anyone other than myself see the second D&D Movie?

It was... interesting.

The only way I have been able to describe it is by saying that its much more D&D than the first movie, which both greatly helped and hurt it.

IT was far better than the first movie, but thats not saying much.

I'm excited, hopefully they do a good job with the movie. DrangonLance is solid fantasy.

IT was far better than the first movie, but thats not saying much.

I'm excited, hopefully they do a good job with the movie. DrangonLance is solid fantasy.

Yeah, pretty much my biggest complaint was that it was too cliche D&D...

King: There is an evil shadow that is about to befall my kingdom! Quick gather all the hero's of the land!

Hero 1: I am a noble warrior!

Hero 2: I am a mighty Barrbarian Princess!

Hero 3: I am a crafty Rogue!

Hero 4: I am a Holy Cleric!

King: Go forth and kill badguys. Then once you hath slayed them, loot their bodies and take their shit.

Eh, but at least they had some elements that made it D&D.

Eh, but at least they had some elements that made it D&D.

Thats what made it so great!

But when it first came out I said they should have done a DragonLance movie instead. It is D&D without being too cliche, it has interesting characters, a good story (that when it comes out will be bashed for being too much like LOTR), and a solid fanbase.

WTF ANIMATED??? i love the books, but animated???

Yeah, I was hoping that with the success of LotR studios started picking up some other fantasy titles and making quality flicks out of them (I've still got my fingers crossed for a WoT Mini-series or something like that.) But the more I think about this the more I'm O.K. with it being animated. It seems like its less likely that it will totally suck if they do it this way.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0825245/

The voicing looks like it should be good, and the Director worked on such late 80's early 90's classic cartoons as "Ghostbusters", "X-Men", and "Captain Planet and the Planeteers", plus Weis and Hickman are suppose to be involved on some level. Hopefully this will rock as much as the books.

X-men was quality. It was pretty much as close to the comic as could be.

"Captain Planet" had a damn good cast of actors in it.

"Exosquad" was pretty spiffy and "Spiderman: Unlimited" was not too bad

All in all I like the look of the drgonlance series. I however have never read it myself.

WHAT?!

You must read as soon as possible! I'm sure you're swamped with reading for school, but fuck that shit, this is far more important.

The other day I had to tell my girlfriend I couldn't talk to her on the phone because I had too much reading to do.

However, I've realized that since there's no way I'm going to finish this book on Genghis Khan by tomorrow anyway (and I started reading it as soon as it was assigned, too...) visiting AE couldn't hurt.

I might look into Dragonlance during the summer sometime... I haven't been into fantasy much ever since I got completely fed up with the Wheel of Time series. I read them for awhile because I had nothing else to read and then I realized that in the entire book I was reading (this was like the 9th one or something) approximately one day of time had passed. That is ridiculous.

The first one was pretty good, the whole series went downhill from there. If he did a condensed version where his writing style wasn't so... big... I'd read it, because I was a little interested in the plot.

I haven't been into fantasy much ever since I got completely fed up with the Wheel of Time series. I read them for awhile because I had nothing else to read and then I realized that in the entire book I was reading (this was like the 9th one or something) approximately one day of time had passed. That is ridiculous.

The first one was pretty good, the whole series went downhill from there. If he did a condensed version where his writing style wasn't so... big... I'd read it, because I was a little interested in the plot.

I dig WoT if only for his descriptions. The way he writes The Power is too cool.

Yeah, but definitely read Dragonlance if you get a chance. You won't be disapointed.

I thought that Wheel of Time would've been a lot cooler if they hadn't focused so much on how the characters all had a HUUUUGE crush on each other.

It's like, there's all these cool knights and mages and stuff and they're all in fucking middle school.

And then they have sex, and he doesn't just gloss over it, but he doesn't go into erotica either, he just writes about their "feelings" during the sex.

SRSLY, I could've done without that.