Accelerated Evolution

Loveless [56K? More like 56 Gay!]

Crube

I have decided to go on a DVD hunt at the local FYE one day. Seeing I was bored and needed something interesting to watch, I happened to spot this DVD in the seven dollar bin. I have read the manga before and I am sure I saw the series at a convention, but since it was onsale, I decided to pick it up! emot-dance.gif In the water coloured world of Loveless, humans are born with cat ears and a cat tail. When a person engages in sexual intercourse, they lose the cat ears and cat tail. This can identifiy whether a character is a virgin or not.

Aoyagi.png

Ritsuka Aoyagi (Loveless, one who is without love.) is the main character of the story. Two years ago, Aoyagi became the complete opposite of what he was. With the sudden change, he became one of the least liked in his class. And to make things worse, he lost all of his memory. While the exact reason is still unknown, it is safe to say all of this is the end result of his older brothers death.

Hawatari.png

Yuiko Hawatari is one of Ritsukas classmates. Despite the looks, she is very nice and smart. After being chosen as the sacrifical lamb by her classmates, she befriends Ritsuka, going as far as falling in love with him. It wasn't a smooth start at first, with Ritsuka resisting her and going as far as calling her stupid. The two eventually become good friends.

Agatsuma.png

Soubi Agatsuma (Beloved, one who is... well... loved.) was once friends to Ritsukas older brother, Seimei. The twenty year old man is first seen outside of the elementary school that Ritsuka and Yukio attend. Apparently, he came to Ritsuka via request of his older brother. The conversation takes the two at a nearby park where...

Kiss.png

MyoushinArai.png

And a fight breaks out! These two charachters, Ai Myoushin and Midori Aria, belong to a group that calls themselves the Nanatsu no Tsuki. Incidentally, this is the same group that is involved with the murder of Seimei.

The fighting style is unique is often done with couples. The couple of a fight is categorised into a sacrifice or a fighter. A sacrifice takes in the damage from the opponents while the fighter deals the damage to the opponents. The attacks and defence are activated by spells that the fighter calls out. The way I saw it, the creator used this to add romance between the two characters involved in battle. Pretty interesting if you ask me.

DVD volumes one, two, and three came out earlier this year and the rest should come soon, I hope. For those who hate dubs, do not worry; the series is only subtitled. (Not that I am complaining.) Along with the DVDs, manga volumes one and two are out in bookstores. Volume three should be out tomorrow. (October 10th)

The third volume of the manga was finally in my B&N today. It was totally awesome. A lot more detail than what went on in the anime. Of course the detail really only served to make you ask more questions.

And the lesbians showed up right at the end! god I love those two. I especially love them because it's so rare lesbians get a happy ending in anime.

• 4 weeks later...

The third volume of the manga was finally in my B&N today. It was totally awesome. A lot more detail than what went on in the anime. Of course the detail really only served to make you ask more questions.

And the lesbians showed up right at the end! god I love those two. I especially love them because it's so rare lesbians get a happy ending in anime.

My copy of volume three was handled badly by the delivery people. Way to go jerkbags!