Accelerated Evolution

Eat meat as a child? Congratulations, you were abused!

http://lifestyle.aol.co.uk/healthy-living/...012070709990008

An animal rights group has launched a shock advertising campaign which says that feeding children meat is equivalent to child abuse.

Peta (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) placed the advert in Easington, County Durham, following research which named it England's fattest town.

The poster says: "Feeding kids meat is child abuse. Fight the fat. Go veg."

It shows a boy on the verge of biting into a hamburger.

Peta claims that eating animal products is linked to obesity, heart disease and diabetes.

Poorva Joshipura, director of Peta Europe, said: "I think that there are many types of abuse. I would think that if people were giving their children knowingly substances that cause them harm, that would be child abuse."

The group claims that vegetarian children are slimmer and healthier than their meat-eating peers.

It says an independent study published earlier this year found Easington had an obesity rate 22 per cent above the national average.

The poster was placed at a bus shelter on the town's Seaside Lane earlier this month.

Peta plans to roll the campaign out to other towns which have high obesity rates.

Considering the fact my parents cooked and served different types of meat while I was a child, it will take more than therapy to get over this abuse.

emot-suicide.gif

A few of my responses to this would be:

"Does this mean I can blame PETA for my bad behavior?"

"So THAT'S why I am the way I am, I thought I was just a jerk!"

"lol PETA."

"Wow, sad..."

"HELP ME, I NEED COUNCILING!"

"And my daddy never hugged me, either..."

"CURSE YOU, KFC!!!1!"

I really find this pathetic. If you don't eat meat, you lose vital protein. Who cares if you're slimmer? I'm not fat, I eat meat. I don't think people should paper thin, that's just creepy. They just took two things and tried to relate them to each other. And they suck, that too.

search google video for "Bullshit" and find the Penn and Teller episode where they talk about some of the despicable things PETA does but doesn't mention, such as their last ad campaign where they basically said that animal processing centers are on the same level as the holocaust concentration camps.

Also, of course vegetarian children are slimmer. It's called malnutrition.

anyone against eating meat for PETA's reasoning is fucking stupid, and for every animal they don't eat, i'm going to eat three

Maddox fucking pwned with that statement.

I had someone come up to me while I was eating a hamburger..and they said that eating meat was murder, this was a friend of course,.. and I said "Wow" and replied.. well if you wanna eat anymore solid foods like tofu burgers and shit, you better not say that staement to me again or else..<jokingly of course>

Someone needs a tire iron to the face for this shit.

One, for grouping "eating meat" in a category that is comprised of neglect, physical and metal abuse, and rape/molestation. You know, real abuse.

Two, for saying vegetarians are healthy and not obese.

And third, because red meat has been proven to help prevent diabetes.

Well, damn. Feeding children is bad. Not feeding children is bad. Talk about your mixed messages.

In all seriousness, it's just another goddamn shock campaign. Meat's fine in moderation, but a lot of people eat nothing BUT meat, and that's really unhealthy. What I find interesting is that PETA expects people to BELIEVE this shit. People can be idiots, yes, but I'd say the majority of viewers will (correctly) dismiss this as a load of tripe.

Wow.. just. fucking... wow...........

Vegophiles/meatophobes and animophiles really will stop at nothing to try and push their extreme and dangerous ideological views and choices on everybody. Resorting to lies, slander, impersonation, propaganda, disinformation, misinformation and yes even terrorism!

"For the Mongols, the lifestyle of the peasant seemed incomprehensible. ...To the Mongols, the farmers' fields were just grasslands, as were the gardens, and the peasants were like grazing animals rather than real humans who ate meat. The Mongols referred to these grass-eating people with the same terminology they used for cows and goats. The masses of peasants were just so many herds, and when the soldiers went out to round up their people or to drive them away, they did so with the same terminology and precision they used in rounding up yaks."

-- Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World by Jack Weatherford.