Accelerated Evolution

America: From Freedom to Fascism

http://www.freedomtofascism.com/trailer/AMERICApromoV1.mov

Go watch the 14 minute promo, better yet torrent the movie. It doesn't matter, spread the word.

It is an amazing piece of work, a true looking into the current state of america, where we went wrong, and where we are going from here. It made me feel sick, but I had to keep watching.

Every American should watch this movie. It has man things I already know, but puts them all into one great work with the experts to back up the seeming wild claims, as well as famous quotes to make what the narrator is saying absolutely believable, as well as cement that fact that this is not the direction that our founding fathers wanted us to take.

I can't describe the movie in enough words to really give any aid to it's message. Just watch it. Watch it twice, show it to friends.

WATCH IT!!

I think it's kind of ridiculous to call the current state of America fascist when the government has had much more profound restrictions on freedoms in the past. Think about this before you open your mouth, because it wasn't that long ago when white males were the only American citizens protected by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Freedom for everyone is a relatively new concept for our country.

I think it's kind of ridiculous to call the current state of America fascist when the government has had much more profound restrictions on freedoms in the past. Think about this before you open your mouth, because it wasn't that long ago when white males were the only American citizens protected by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Freedom for everyone is a relatively new concept for our country.

And it's on its way out!

It doesn't matter how new it is or whether this used to be a fascist country or not. It is now and that's terrible.

People who call this country facist don't understand the meaning of the word.

This is what the movie title refers to:

From wikipedia

"The Fascist movement, on the other hand, sought to preserve the class system and uphold it as the foundation of established and desirable culture [citation needed], although this is not to say that Fascists rejected the concept of social mobility. Indeed a central tenet of the Corporate State was meritocracy. However, Fascism also heavily based itself on corporatism, which was supposed to supersede class conflicts."

with the experts to back up the seeming wild claims

Yes, well, I usually have nothing to say to your "experts" and sources but "lol GPS."

As Vampy said, people who call this country facist don't know the true meaning of the word.

Yes, I read your post, and that Wikipedia entry a) is missing a citation, and b) does little to further explain your position.

Do I need to watch it if I already believe that all governments are inherently evil?

:rolleyes:

There are a few problems with that statement. The first is that good and evil are relative terms. The second is that governments are no better or worse than the people that run them, but at least they bring an amount of order to what would otherwise be chaos. People are corrupt either way, but at least government imposes rules to keep the chaotic, malovolent side of us at least a little in control. It keeps people like those nutjobs that hold up the "God hates fags" signs from taking over and rounding up gays, or blacks, and killing them all. Without it there would be utter chaos and violence, and that's a lot worse than most governments are.

Also, GPS, I have to ask- is one of the reasons you're seeing corporatism and facism everywhere because you read "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress"? Because the people in that book were in a totally different situation than we are in the U.S. They didn't live in a free-market economy.

Also, GPS, I have to ask- is one of the reasons you're seeing corporatism and facism everywhere because you read "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress"? Because the people in that book were in a totally different situation than we are in the U.S. They didn't live in a free-market economy.

Ummm, errr, ahhh

YES THEY DID

Explain how they didn't and I shall show you the fool that you are. More so, that is, since I cought you defending governments.

Contexts please.

If I'm not given the context of statements, I just don't feel like believing them in situations like this film.

For instance, the movie states there is a law that says Bush alone can impose martial law; but what is the context of the law? Was he unable to do so before, as the film seemed to suggest, or is it taking the power away from other groups. As in if Congress was once able to declare martial law, but is no longer able to, because only the president can. If that's the case, as I kind of suspect it is, is that necessarily a bad thing that fewer parts of the government can declare martial law?

Then you have other things like the computer chips, which are[/]i being implanted in people, but for medical reasons, so that hospitals can scan someone and know thier alergies, if they're diabetic, etc.

Also, that guy at the beggining was a bit too specific when he started talking about the government not having the power to directly tax someone in the private sector for X kind of labor in situations Y and Z, leading me to believe he's taking a very specific situation in which there is no law, rather than a broad look at taxes as a whole.

I'm always too lazy to watch linked movies, but I agree that modern-day America is incomparably greater than any America before 1960.

I think in a time of intellectual civil war like the one we are experiencing now, the way to peace and tolerance is through centrism rather than extremism, even if the extremists are right.

I was just wondering if that book was one of your inspirations for the OMG EVERYTHING IS FACIST AND OPPRESSIVE mindset.

Of course it was.

Look at the world, they are mostly free. The main factor that drives their revolution is the inability to sell their goods to whom they wish.

They go to war to, basicly, cut out the middle man.

Look at the world, they are mostly free. The main factor that drives their revolution is the inability to sell their goods to whom they wish.

They go to war to, basicly, cut out the middle man.

They go to war to give themselves the right to a free economy. Which is why I was saying it was a totally different situation than we're in in the U.S. We can sell to whomever we wish. Provided they have the resources, everyone is given a chance.

And you still haven't presented evidence as to why you think the U.S. is facist.

"Fascism may be defined as a form of political behavior marked by obsessive preoccupation with community decline, humiliation, or victim-hood and by compensatory cults of unity, energy, and purity, in which a mass-based party of committed nationalist militants, working in uneasy but effective collaboration with traditional elites, abandons democratic liberties and pursues with redemptive violence and without ethical or legal restraints goals of internal cleansing and external expansion."[4]

Nuh-uh. That doesn't describe the U.S., not by a long shot. Like the president or not (it's probably safe to say no one here does), you can't make any argument that our democratic liberties have been abandoned, nor ethnic/lifestyle cleansing pursued with intense violence, nor has the US been obsessed with expanding its territory.