Accelerated Evolution

First reaction on watching the video; that music does not fit the situation, at ALL.

Pertinent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUIfVpA4GwU (Oaxacan teacher explaining what happened)

This is some crazy ass shit going down. It really puts it in perspective that I hadn't heard anything about this until now. It's definitely courageous stuff, nothing quite as romantic as a revolution going on. But saying that cheapens it a bit, of course horrible things are happening.

This is insane, though, I'm definitely going to tell everyone I encounter about it.

Aaand... I kind of wish more people would go in this thread, it's rather important... Anyway, I noticed some signs on campus that there's to be some sort of protest about it in downtown Olympia soon... I'd like to go.

Its always been a struggle to get the rich, fat, and ignorantly content white population of this country to take any interest in the suffering of anyone of color. Don't you just love the latent racism that pervades?

There have been many uprisings & resistance movements in Mexico recently. I guess people have had enough. Every damn political leader is corrupt. Law enforcement is corrupt. The government doesn't really care about their citizens. The most amazing thing about all of this is that Mexico's just south of the boarder. We're so close, but yet so far away.