Accelerated Evolution

Is It Just Me, or is the World Crumbling?

http://pine-magazine.com/content.php?id=284

...For those adventurous souls, the text can be found in section 1076 of the tome, where it amends section 333, title ten of the United States code to allow the President to “employ the armed forces, including the National Guard in Federal service, to restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States”. The terms on which this authority may be exercised are described as “a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition where the President determines that domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order; and such violence results in a condition that so hinders the execution of the laws of a State or possession.” The President also has the ability to deploy the Armed Forces to “suppress any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy to hinder the execution of the laws of a State or possession.”...

...I've got nothing to say to this. The bill speaks for itself.

...so very tired...

And I catch flack for saying that government in any form is corrupt?

I don't even have to argue my case, the powers that be do it for me quite nicely.

This statement is one that I desperately want to be false, but sadly is true.

As for the law, all I can say is bend over, here it comes again

Welll...

Considering that your presidential system allows the president to hold all powers, it could mean a good thing. If you had a competent president. But hey, Democrats have the Senate. A check in Bush's power = deadlock?

At least you have checks in power.

The only check Stephen Harper has are the Bloc Quebecois. If he keeps them them happy, they'll keep coming back for more. Loves it. :)

Welll...

Considering that your presidential system allows the president to hold all powers, it could mean a good thing. If you had a competent president. But hey, Democrats have the Senate. A check in Bush's power = deadlock?

At least you have checks in power.

The only check Stephen Harper has are the Bloc Quebecois. If he keeps them them happy, they'll keep coming back for more. Loves it. :)

By them selves I don’t think that congress can order troops out of Iraq, but they can stop giving the military money, because after all, this war requires a rather large war chest