Accelerated Evolution

November

Ceraziefish

So, it is November -- among other things, my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving, is quickly coming upon us. Secondly, it's been almost a year since we recovered from that crash! Remember the crash, everyone? And why still 70% of our active member's join dates is the 23rd or the 24th? Yeah!

Anyway, I thought it was a little weird that there was no sort of thread for either of these things, so I sort of blended them together. Anyway, I'm thankfully for AE, to be sure! And I'm pretty pumped to have an awesome dinner with my parents up in the mountains... My mom is doing work for the North Cascades Institute (Cascades = most beautiful mountains I have ever seen) so she is staying in a cabin up there. So my dad and I are going to join her for Thanksgiving because we haven't seen her in awhile. (as a side note I won't have internet except for 56k from Wednesday to Sunday because of this, but oh well, I might drop by to see how things are going).

Hahahaha I'm fasting for Thanksgiving (for the remebrance of Native American genocides ****SUPERIORITYAMBULANCECRASH****) and I'm more excited than if I was eating. XD

I love this time of year! Not too cold but still really nice and autumn-chilly, like 40 degrees, <3<3<3. And the trees especially, they look so stark and beautiful against the sky. I am not used to seeing them without leaves.

Hahahaha I'm fasting for Thanksgiving (for the remebrance of Native American genocides ****SUPERIORITYAMBULANCECRASH****) and I'm more excited than if I was eating. XD

Bah to this. As my friend said, "Thanksgiving and Christmas have lost all of their historical context, and that's probably a good thing."

Anyway, I think it's rad to get together with the family have a good time with each other. Thanksgiving has always been really cool to me because of that.

And I also don't like turkey, I'd be totally happy at a vegetarian Thanksgiving dinner. I'm in it for the mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie, personally. Anything else is an afterthought.

Although now I might fry up some tofu for Thanksgiving dinner...

I love this time of year! Not too cold but still really nice and autumn-chilly, like 40 degrees, <3<3<3. And the trees especially, they look so stark and beautiful against the sky. I am not used to seeing them without leaves.

I''m going to stuff my face like the pig I am.

Anyway, what we did to the native Americans wasn't genocide. It was bad, but it wasn't Darfur, Bosnia, or the Holocaust

I''m going to stuff my face like the pig I am.

Anyway, what we did to the native Americans wasn't genocide. It was bad, but it wasn't Darfur, Bosnia, or the Holocaust

*Shrug.* I think it was, but that's not really the subject at hand. I don't really see that Thanksgiving has anything to do the genocide that happened, though. The holiday was about a bunch of white people who were gonna starve and the Native Americans shared a feast with them. Just because you're involving Native Americans doesn't mean it's suddenly morally corrupt. And, as I said, it's lost all historical context.

Hell, one of my best friends is half native, a card-carrying Blackfoot, and lived his childhood years on a reservation. He's celebrated Thanksgiving every year, a couple times with my family, and he loves the holiday.