Accelerated Evolution

well, thats it for kramer

cappy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, it is alright for black comedians to poke at white people, but when it is the other way around, it is completely wrong? So, people snap when they have a shit day. I just think everyone is taking this way too serious. Plus, couldn't anyone tell he was being sarcastic when he was saying "nigger"? And there are other comedians out there that does the whole race thing, but does that make them racist too? Comedians such as Pryor, Rock, Mencia, and so on does this stuff in their acts!

It didn't seem like he was joking.

Besides I think he just stepped over the line anyway. I've never heard a black comedian tell a white guy in an audience to not talk when black people are talking or talking about how lynching was a great thing.

I mean, non "pc" humor, whatever, but it didn't even seem like it was even trying to be funny. It was just some crazy white guy ranting about niggers.

It didn't seem like he was joking.

Besides I think he just stepped over the line anyway. I've never heard a black comedian tell a white guy in an audience to not talk when black people are talking or talking about how lynching was a great thing.

Yes, but it is disprespect to ANYONE if you talk during their act.

its one thing to identify racial stereotypes in a comical context. its another thing to propagate hate speech. this was not funny, it was hatred. never should the word nigger be said, i dont CARE. chris rock, pryor, yeah they do make fun of whites, but you know what? 95% of their shit is making fun of BLACKS so whatever. never have i heard them straight out HATE though.

its one thing to identify racial stereotypes in a comical context. its another thing to propagate hate speech. this was not funny, it was hatred. never should the word nigger be said, i dont CARE. chris rock, pryor, yeah they do make fun of whites, but you know what? 95% of their shit is making fun of BLACKS so whatever. never have i heard them straight out HATE though.

Yes, Pryor used it as a shock and satire as well as Rock, but we shouldn't be judging anyone at this point.

Yes, but that's not an excuse for a racist tirade. It doesn't even really make sense. If a guy is being rude to you, it doesn't have much to do with his race.

Emotions tend to control a lot of people.

This is hate speech plain and simple.

This coming from a person who thinks someone is being racist because they gave them subtitles. Next.

Edit: Calling for a beating for a person doesn't make you any better either.

emotions aren't really a good defense...

um, are you listening to yourself? It seems like you're just playing devil's advocate because you want to be contrary.

No, I find it silly to be judging right away when most of us doesn't really know what really happened.

wow. malcolm x is crying in his grave right now. you all need a fucking reality check.

Did I say it was in any way okay? No, I didn't! All I said was I could see how someone could say that and not be a racist fuck beyond all redemption. I think it's horrible and wrong and he's an ass, but I'm just saying people shouldn't be lining up to lynch him because he encouraged lynching.

and i dont care if i get banned for this,

you are a moron and deserve to get lynched.

See, how is saying someone should be lynched for being stupid any worse than saying someone should be lynched for being black? I mean, I guess being "stupid" is a real difference as opposed to a percieved difference, but it's still relative, subjective, and a bad disctinction.

He DID get interrupted during his act, but that is no excuse.

I thought he was joking at first, but when he started going off on the guy and calling him a nigger obviously in anger, that's where I personally draw the line. There are better ways to deal with being heckled; I seem to remember one comedian who said "sir, why don't you put a condom over your head? You're acting like a dick, you might as well dress like one."

Hate speech is still speech.

All speech is free.

I have to agree with GPS on this...

It was an asshole thing to do, wrong, stupid, etc. etc... but as long as he isn't threatening violence or harming anyone physically, he has every right to say it under the constitution.

The customers can, and did, show their disapproval by walking out (which I would have also done).