Accelerated Evolution

Congrats! You are Time's Person of the Year

Gundampilotspaz

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/media/story/2006/12...fyear-time.html

Give yourself a pat on the back: you've been selected as Time magazine's "Person of the Year" β€” along with everyone else who uses the internet.

'It's about the many wresting power from the few.'-Lev Grossman, Time's technology writer

For the 2006 version of the renowned annual list, the publication decided not to choose a single person, instead crowning all internet users.

The issue hits newsstands on Monday. It carries a cover showing a white keyboard with a mirror for a computer screen, so readers can see their own reflections.

The American weekly praised the public for "founding and framing the new digital democracy."

"We felt there wasn't a single person who embodied this phenomenon," said the magazine's managing editor, Richard Stengel.

Time has been pussying out since 2000.

First, Hitler doesn't get Man of the Century. Then, bin Laden isn't Man of the Year in 2001.

IT'S FOR GOOD OR FOR ILL, YOU DUMBASSES.

By all rights, Man of the Year this year should have easily been Howard Dean, Jon Stewart, or Stephen Colbert. TIME didn't want to seem partisan and also has a personal vendetta against faux-news reporters like Stewart and Colbert.

Fuckin' pantywaists.

First, Hitler doesn't get Man of the Century. Then, bin Laden isn't Man of the Year in 2001.

By all rights, Man of the Year this year should have easily been Howard Dean, Jon Stewart, or Stephen Colbert. TIME didn't want to seem partisan and also has a personal vendetta against faux-news reporters like Stewart and Colbert.

Fuckin' pantywaists.

To be honest I've glad with this... it is acknowledging the advancements that have been made in the way people create and distribute content this year.

Fuckin' pantywaists.

Someone is a sore winner.

This is going on my resume. =)

^For truth. Still, it is kind of a cop out. Although I will admit it is interesting.

The thing is, I don't know if *every* internet user should be honored. Kids who go on to post on their myspace don't count, as do business officials who don't know how to do anything besides check their stocks.