Accelerated Evolution

Stupid News Thread.

Crube

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/...rticle_id=41820

BEIJING -- A 17-year-old boy in northeastern China was so disappointed with the looks of a woman he met over the Internet that he hanged himself after seeing her face-to-face, state media reported Friday.

The unnamed teenager first contacted the woman -- known by her chat moniker "Qunjiaofeiyang", or "Flying Skirt" -- using the popular Chinese online messaging software QQ, Xinhua news agency said.

The girl described herself as a beautiful 19-year-old and the pair chatted on the Web for weeks before arranging a December 26 rendezvous in the nearby city of Mudanjiang, in far northeastern Heilongjiang province.

The boy arrived to discover the woman far less attractive than advertised and 10 years older than him, Xinhua said.

The boy immediately returned home, lost his appetite, and four days later hanged himself from a tree.

On the front page of Drudge Report

"Israel has drawn up secret plans to destroy Iran's uranium enrichment facilities with tactical nuclear weapons, the SUNDAY TIMES of London is planning to report, British media sources tell DRUDGE... MORE..."

Well, he broke the Lewinsky story and Christopher Reeve's death, so it's gotta be true!

Ladies and gentlemen, get ready for World War 3!

To combat people's fear of radiation and lack of basis for comparison for the danger between different levels of radiation, I created an initiative to calculate radiation exposure, and, in every radiation thread, present the radiation numbers in terms of SWWs, the exposure you get from natural radiation in the human body while spooning with your wife for an 8 hour night.

The human body contains 13.8Bq (0.37nCi), mostly from K40 (gamma) and C14 (beta). I'll try to do some rough calcs. Even spooning naked, C14's beta won't be much of a risk so I decided to run the calcs for K40 alone. Someone saved me the work, though! The equivilent dose of radiation from the human body is 40 mrem/yr- about 1/3 the natural background radiation we recieve every year, and 1/6 total radiation we recieve. How that compared to other radiation sources is readily noted at this link.

Calcs:

Human Body Radiation: 40mrem/year

Time spent spooning: 8 hours/night (1/3t)

Percent exposure: appx 25% of circumference

1 SWW (Spooning with Wife) = 40 * 1/3 * 1/4 = 2.5mrem/year

Spooning with wife 8 hours a night for a year: 1 SWW (baseline)

1 Dental X-Ray = 4 SWW

1 Mammogram = 280 SWW

Chaining yourself to the fence of a nuclear plant for 1 year to protest ATOMZ by self-sacrificing yourself: 0.1 SWW

Amount of radiation the tank commander of a DU-armored M1A2 tank recieves per hour, despite being literally surrounded by tons upon tons of DU: 0.000004 SWWs

To combat people's fear of radiation and lack of basis for comparison for the danger between different levels of radiation, I created an initiative to calculate radiation exposure, and, in every radiation thread, present the radiation numbers in terms of SWWs, the exposure you get from natural radiation in the human body while spooning with your wife for an 8 hour night.

The human body contains 13.8Bq (0.37nCi), mostly from K40 (gamma) and C14 (beta). I'll try to do some rough calcs. Even spooning naked, C14's beta won't be much of a risk so I decided to run the calcs for K40 alone. Someone saved me the work, though! The equivilent dose of radiation from the human body is 40 mrem/yr- about 1/3 the natural background radiation we recieve every year, and 1/6 total radiation we recieve. How that compared to other radiation sources is readily noted at this link.

Calcs:

Human Body Radiation: 40mrem/year

Time spent spooning: 8 hours/night (1/3t)

Percent exposure: appx 25% of circumference

1 SWW (Spooning with Wife) = 40 * 1/3 * 1/4 = 2.5mrem/year

Spooning with wife 8 hours a night for a year: 1 SWW (baseline)

1 Dental X-Ray = 4 SWW

1 Mammogram = 280 SWW

Chaining yourself to the fence of a nuclear plant for 1 year to protest ATOMZ by self-sacrificing yourself: 0.1 SWW

Amount of radiation the tank commander of a DU-armored M1A2 tank recieves per hour, despite being literally surrounded by tons upon tons of DU: 0.000004 SWWs

Hahahahahahahaha. xD

• 2 weeks later...

Oh shizer!

Germany's Latest Killer Game: Final Fantasy VII

TTwo 17 year old boys were arrested for murder this past weekend in the small German village of Tessin, after invading a couple's home and stabbing them both to death. The police caught up with them after they had kidnapped a 15 year old female friend, bound and gagged her, and then held a knife at her throat for an hour before giving themselves up. The murderers' names? Reno and Sephiroth.

At least that's what Torben B. and Felix D. called themselves as they carried out the grisly crimes, and when the police seized their computer they discovered a copy of Final Fantasy VII installed. You probably know the rest here. In Germany, Final Fantasy VII is now being labeled as a "Killerspiele"; a killer game.

Now we all know the worst thing that has ever come of FFVII is bad Sephiroth / Cloud fan yaoi, but people in Germany seem far worse than Americans when it comes to blaming whatever they can for their homicidally deranged children other than themselves. Nevermind the fact that Sephiroth is clearly painted as evil and the game contains less gratuitous violence than most German television commercials.

My suggestion for German gamers? Leave as soon as you can. The situation there is not getting any better. Michael Fahey

- Michael Fahey, Kotaku

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/...rticle_id=41820

BEIJING -- A 17-year-old boy in northeastern China was so disappointed with the looks of a woman he met over the Internet that he hanged himself after seeing her face-to-face, state media reported Friday.

The unnamed teenager first contacted the woman -- known by her chat moniker "Qunjiaofeiyang", or "Flying Skirt" -- using the popular Chinese online messaging software QQ, Xinhua news agency said.

The girl described herself as a beautiful 19-year-old and the pair chatted on the Web for weeks before arranging a December 26 rendezvous in the nearby city of Mudanjiang, in far northeastern Heilongjiang province.

The boy arrived to discover the woman far less attractive than advertised and 10 years older than him, Xinhua said.

The boy immediately returned home, lost his appetite, and four days later hanged himself from a tree.

Hahahahaha!! That's awesome.

Boy: So, what you look like?

Girl: I have long black hair, a large pair of boobs, small waste, & large ass.

Boy ZOMG! LOL! Let's meet up!

Girl: OK

A few days pass.

Finally they meet up.

Boy: zOMG! You're not as hawt as you said that you looked.

Girl. What you talking about? I got me some large boobs, large ass, & small waste.

Boy: Well, weighing in 200 LBS sure doesn't help. zOMG! LOL I'm going home now.

A few days later.

Boy: zOMG! I've been tricked!

Hangs himself. Girl continues to meet other boys. Hahaha! (^o^ ) <3

Car-Thief Kid Busted, Lazy Mum Blames Driving On "PlayStation"

9 year-old Semaj Booker's got issues. In the past month he's:

- Stolen a car and crashed it during a police chase in Tacoma.

- Been busted trying to sneak onto a flight bound for Texas.

- Stole another car in Tacoma, got into a 90mph car chase with police then crashed into a tree when he blew the engine, and had to be forcibly removed from the wreckage.

- And...stole another car in Seattle, where he was caught in the vehicle when it ran out of gas.

So, yeah, issues. Guess what, though? His mother says he "learned to drive from playing video games on a PlayStation".

My dear, no PlayStation game will teach your son how to drive a real car. May I suggest another scapegoat? Luke Plunkett

Ahahahaha.

Full article:

Runaway, 9, Sneaks on Flight to Texas

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

(01-17) 17:18 PST Lakewood, Wash. (AP) --

A 9-year-old boy with a history of stealing cars and running away sneaked onto a plane bound for Texas, getting caught after flubbing an airport connection, officials said.

Semaj Booker apparently obtained a Southwest Airlines boarding card and made it through airport security Monday, hopping two separate flights but landing in San Antonio, Texas — short of his Dallas destination, police said.

The fourth-grader remained Wednesday in juvenile custody in San Antonio. He had been trying to get to his grandfather in Dallas, where he used to live.

The airline said in a statement said a young man approached the ticket counter at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport requesting a boarding pass and said his mother was already in the boarding area.

"The young man's information matched a paid, ticketless reservation for the flight. Based on the information he gave us, he was issued a boarding pass," the airline said. He was not listed as a child because he told the agent he was 12 years old, Southwest said.

Airline employees in San Antonio stopped Semaj from boarding another flight when he couldn't explain why he didn't have a boarding pass for that flight, said David Hebert, spokesman for the San Antonio International Airport.

The boy was unhappy after his family moved to Lakewood, outside Tacoma. His odyssey began Sunday when he stole a car that was left running outside a neighbor's house, only to be spotted by police near the interchange of Interstate 5 and State Route 512, authorities said.

Police pursued Semaj at speeds up to 90 mph until he took an exit and the engine blew, after which the car went over a curb and coasted into a tree. He refused to come out of the car, so officers broke a window to unlock a door and immediately recognized him as a frequent runaway and car thief, Guttu said.

He was released to his mother, but he ran away again, authorities said.

The Pierce County, Wash., prosecutor filed three charges against Booker on Wednesday in juvenile court, all related to the vehicle theft. The charges were sent to San Antonio, but Guttu wasn't sure what the next step would be.

Last month, the boy crashed a stolen car before being caught by police in Tacoma, and more recently he was caught in Seattle in a stolen car that had run out of gas, said his mother, Sakinah Booker. She believes he learned to drive from playing video games on a PlayStation.

Booker said she had hoped to soon move her four sons back to Dallas, but Semaj grew tired of waiting.

Semaj was "incredibly motivated to get to Texas," Guttu said. "He doesn't want to live in Washington state."

Last month, the boy crashed a stolen car before being caught by police in Tacoma, and more recently he was caught in Seattle in a stolen car that had run out of gas, said his mother, Sakinah Booker. She believes he learned to drive from playing video games on a PlayStation.

lol

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=...35842406C732492

Heroic man charged with murder for killing wife; she wore shorts exposing her panties.

A Wonderboom South man said the fact that his common law wife wore shorts which she did not button up and which exposed her panties, prompted him to "smack her around" because "he had pure blood and he did not want it contaminated".

Lennert Fourie, 49, is facing a charge of murder following the death of Rachel Ferreira in her bed in April 2005. The cause of death was given as blunt force to the head. Her body was covered in bruises and there were even blue and black marks on her private parts.

Fourie admitted that he had "smacked" her often, but he denied her was responsible for her death. He claimed she was assaulted by an "unknown black man" about three days prior to her death. The timid-looking Fourie said it made his blood boil to see his woman walking around exposing her panties.

Fourie said although he mostly only slapped her, he admitted that he punched her in her private parts to show her that he was serious about not liking the fact that she walked around with undone pants.

He admitted that he punched her in her private parts

"If she is mine, she is mine," he told Acting Judge Mahomed Ismail.

Fourie said he was very upset when one of his pure-bred Jack Russell dogs was run over. Instead of giving him sympathy, Ferreira told him she "did not give a f**k".

Fourie said he was extremely angry about that, as she knew he loved the dog called Boesman dearly. This prompted him to smack her again. He said three days before her death he heard Ferreira shouting at him for help. He went outside and saw her lying in the driveway. He noticed a small cut above her eye.

"I said 'Racheltjie, my sweet, what is the matter?' She said she was attacked by an unknown black man who jumped over the fence and ran away. I tried to pick her up, but it was difficult as she is well-padded and I am only a smallish guy."

Fourie said Ferreira refused to give her co-operation. Indeed, she told him: "F*** off. Leave me alone." This also prompted him to give her a good smack, he said.

This also prompted him to give her a good smack

He then carried her, with some difficulty, to their room. Fourie said Ferreira then fell over a chair. "I think I then smacked her again."

He said he could see all was not well with Ferreira and he offered to take her to the doctor, but she refused to go.

She had a restless night, but she was fine the next morning, Fourie said.

He told the court while he made lunch, he "poured her a stiff one, while he had a "shortie" and all was well.

They again discussed the issue of her shorts and he once again lost his temper and gave her a smack between the legs.

"I told her I did not want Aids as I was a blood donor."

Fourie said he noticed the next evening that she was sleeping with her feet on the pillow - where her head should be. She looked peaceful and he left her.

"When I woke up that morning, I saw she was still lying like that, but that she did not move. I noticed she did not breathe and that she did not have a pulse."

Fourie, when asked whether he loved his dogs more than her, eventually answered that he loved her, but he did not think it was the same as his love for his dogs. Asked why he did not lay a charge of assault, he said he forgot to do so.

Fourie said if Ferreira had just listened to him, he would not have had any reason to punch her.

"I blame her to a large degree," he said.

Heroic Bears fan holds "Bears finishing what Katrina started" sign at NFC Champ game

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=l...&id=4975468

January 26, 2007 - Some New Orleans fans claim that they were taunted by Bear fans during Sunday's game. Mayor Daley issued an apology for the bad behavior on Friday.

Bears fans have put a period to that game and have moved on to prepare for the Super Bowl showdown with the Colts. But it's a different story in New Orleans where Saints fans are still smarting from what they say was rude behavior from some Bears fans.

Only a handful of Chicago fans are guilty of the bad behavior, but Mayor Daley has issued an apology.

On Friday, Soldier Field was buzzing with Bears fans that were lucky enough to win Super Bowl tickets in the lottery. They lined up to take them home.

"We're going to the Super Bowl," said Barbara Sheridan, Bears fan.

While these folks were all smiles Friday, some of them showed a different side at Sunday's game against New Orleans. That's according to Saints fans who say they were greeted by signs like that read "The Bears finishing what Katrina started."

Another Saints fan told his local television station that he was taunted about Hurricane Katrina.

"Go home and rebuild your house, and it wasn't that friendly, believe me. A lot of vulgarity mixed in," said Greg Lusignan, Saints fan.

After complaints all week from Saints fans about the way they were treated, Mayor Daley issued a statement saying, "This kind of unfortunate behavior by no means reflects Chicago. It's deplorable and should have never happened."

Saints fans say they wanted an apology from Mayor Daley not because of sour grapes over losing the game but because they wanted to be treated with respect.

As for Bears fans, they say they are good sports but they admit they do enjoy healthy competition.

Heroic Hospice helps dying man lose virginity;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...7/nvirgin27.xml

A young disabled man who receives care for his life-limiting illness at a hospice run by a nun spoke yesterday of his decision to use a prostitute to experience sex before he dies.

Sister Frances Dominica gave her support to 22-year-old Nick Wallis, who was born with Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Sufferers usually die by their thirties.

Mr Wallis told staff at the Douglas House hospice in Oxford that he wanted to experience sexual intercourse. He explained that he had hoped to form an intimate and loving relationship with a woman, but his disability had acted as a barrier.

He told The Daily Telegraph: "It was a decision two years in the making and I discussed it with my carers and my parents. Telling my mother and father was the hardest part, but in the end they gave me their support.

"There are many aspects of life that an able-bodied person takes for granted but from which I am excluded.

"I had hoped to form a relationship when I went to university, but it didn't happen. I had to recognise that if was to experience sex I would have to pay for it out of my savings. My mind was made up before I discussed it with anyone else."

The hospice staff, after taking advice from a solicitor, the clergy and health care professionals, decided to help him.

"I found an advert from a sex worker in a magazine for the disabled," said Mr Wallis. "The initial contact was by email and then by phone."

It was arranged for the prostitute to visit his home in Northampton. "My parents went out," he said.

"It was not emotionally fulfilling, but the lady was very pleasant and very understanding. I do not know whether I would do it again. I would much rather find a girlfriend, but I have to be realistic."

Mr Wallis has decided to talk in public about his decision as part of the BBC documentary series about life inside Douglas House and its associated hospice for children, Helen House.

"I have done so in order that people may understand the issues that face people in my situation. I suppose some people may be judgmental."

He said he did not discuss his decision directly with Sister Frances, who founded the two hospices. "But I know she gave me her support."

Sister Frances described Mr Wallis as "delightful, intelligent and aware young man".

"I know that some people will say 'You are a Christian foundation. What are you thinking about?'. But we are here for all faiths and none," she said.

"It is not our job to make moral decisions for our guests. We came to the conclusion that it was our duty of care to support Nick emotionally and to help ensure his physical safety."

Mr Wallis's story can be seen on The Children of Helen House, BBC2, 10pm Tuesday.