Accelerated Evolution
Tanni Foemangler

post pictures from your sketchbook

Probably the "best" things I've drawn in my notebooks, of course, it's probably not very good anyway. I'm sorry if the board doesn't scale it down, it's a raw scan from forever ago.

Recently I've taken to drawing random stuff in my notebook instead of paying attention in class. I think you can see class notes on some of these.

sdsketchbook5.jpg

sdsketchbook2.jpg

sdsketchbook4.jpg

Clearly my attempt at drawing a one-eyed tentacled baby didn't work out very well. In case you can't read the awful handwriting, it says:

-Left outside an orphanage-

"Dear people:

They tell us it's our kid. Frankly, it disgusts us. But that certainly DOESN'T mean it's useless! Think of all the joy (and profit) it can bring over the years!

-Freakshow attraction

-Scientific Research Subject

-Child Scaring Device

-Halloween Decoration

-Tax Break

So, for a limited time, you can take advantage of this great offer! Take the thing now!"

sdsketchbook3.jpg

sdsketchbook1.jpg

I thought you were normal until the bubble monster, then i knew you were bat shit insane.

Had to reproduce a Charles Dana Gibson drawing for an assignment. Some of it got cut off in the scan but oh well.

scan0002-4.jpg

Massively impressive dude. Did you use a micron/ink pen? Cause it looks like you used just a bic pen based on the marks. Anyway, love the texture and the composition is fantastic.

Neither. Just a classic Hunts 102 crow quill.

That makes it all the more impressive. I had my fill for crow quills for a while after my Sweeney Todd poster :awesome:

Hold on a sec. If quills aren't Bics and aren't NOT Bics, what the hell are they?

pens.jpg

Haven't done much drawing over break. I did notice my scanner hates this particular sketchbook paper. Completely reflected all of the light back and I pretty much lost all of my contrast after readjusting the images.

scan0001copy.jpg

scan0003copy.jpg

Haven't done much drawing over break. I did notice my scanner hates this particular sketchbook paper. Completely reflected all of the light back and I pretty much lost all of my contrast after readjusting the images.

I know what that's like man. :glare:

Cool to see some activity here again though. I've been just as bad. After that painting I haven't done a fucking thing. Just been enjoying my break so far doing a lot of nothing for once. :mario:

It's for my animation pre-production class. Over the term we've been developing a 2-3 minute animated short (just the pre-production stuff) so we have to make a production bible and whatnot for it. These were some production storyboards and conceptual art colored to show the art direction in some shots.

Yeeeep I have done lots of animating. Well, 2D at least, I've just begun my 3D courses and in the beginning we just focus on modeling techniques and getting used to Maya's interface. And yes, it probably is as agonizing as you think it is and then some. Sometimes it's hard, sometimes its' really easy, just depends on what you are animating. Either way it takes a lot of work and refining. I pretty much only get about 8 hours of sleep a week when I have to do animation projects such as right now.