Accelerated Evolution

What features are the Japanese excited about in Vista?

Gundampilotspaz

Gizmodo reports that the Japanese have different priorities than Americans when it comes to using Vista.

We've got different priorities than the Japanese. The first things we do when we get Vista are installing it on a Mac, figuring out how SideShow works, and scoping out the Windows Experience. What do the Japanese do? They make sure they can run multiple instances of different hentai games.

So yeah, if you're into this sort of thing—we mean, who isn't—then you can safely see that Vista handles NINE different hentai games simultaneously. You can even use Flip3D to toggle between them. Hell, you can even control each one's volume independently. Sugoii!

vistadirtytop1fa45c71ok7.jpg

vistadirty11fa4621esz6.jpg

vistadirty21fa475a6kk2.jpg

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/software/japan-...well-232623.php

The only reason I would want Vista is for the supposed added security. And security is really down their in terms of what I need for my computer, so I don't think I'll be getting this OS soon

Personally, I thought that Vista was really slick, and was actually considering buying it. That was, until I heard about Microsoft bending over backwards for the RIAA and the MPAA and all those ass holes.

Oh, and the added security will be worthless in no time.

Linux - all the features of both plus more, without the vendor lock in.

Terminal vs. Spotlight (for quick program access) I choose spotlight

Also you don't get as much software as you do with OSX. But I do want to sink my teeth into some Linux. I got a BSD build and an Ubuntu build for VMware I need to fire up.

Also, I honestly have to say that I prefer Windows over Mac.

I haven't used Vista, so I can't say. I hear really good things and OSX fans seem to love it.

As for XP vs. OSX a few months ago I would agree with you. But after a few months with a Mac... I'd have to say the only reason to get a windows PC is games... and I love games.

Linux - all the features of both plus more, without the vendor lock in.

Also, I honestly have to say that I prefer Windows over Mac.

my thoughts exactly. Lol at my house right now we are upgrading our server from Mandrake to Ubuntu. Gonna take some serious time though. our whole network in this house depends on that server lol.

In the astral sense I agree with Mag-X that Linux is better than OSX, but I don't really feel like learning a new OS right now.

Basically I think that Linux is OSX without the small amounts of assrape and suck that come with OSX, and OSX is XP with astronomically less assrape and suck.

Pretty much. Linux is more or less a reverse engineered version of Unix, and OSX is based on BSD Unix. Underneath the GUIs they're very much the same.

So... you've never used OSX?

I own a Mac, but it's only got 10.2.

Pretty much. Linux is more or less a reverse engineered version of Unix, and OSX is based on BSD Unix. Underneath the GUIs they're very much the same.

That's one of the reasons I like it so much. It's Unix for people who don't wanna learn Unix.

It's like buying a point and shoot camera that has some shutter and light controller. So you can get used to those features without having to jump in.

But really, I have no ultimate preference when it comes to the OS. IF it can't do what I want.... then I get angry. When I hear humors that some .avi files won't be useable in Vista.... I go cuddle with my Mac and cry.

Really, if I can buy a Mac Pro and run Vista in parallels for games. That'd probably be the best solution.

It didn't exist until OS 10.4...

That's still at least two years old perhaps more counting the time leading up to the release with the rumors and tech specs coming out.

I own a Mac, but it's only got 10.2.

It's a super smart, super fast search feature. Where as you type say "T. E. R." the terminal will pop up as an option. A live search.

Part of it is also Smart Folders (which Vista will use also) and that enables you to set a certain requirement, say I want to make a folder that has all the photos I took in 2006. So I set the file type and the date and I can access all those files in that folder when ever I need them without having to move them or copy them from their original location.