Accelerated Evolution

Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero

Wind

Why the fuck was I not informed that a Nine Inch Nails album was so close to being released - in April even? I am looking everywhere for a leak since it has to leak soon, I could only find a 6 track promo leak... From what I heard so far this is fucking AMAZING, reznor is going back to his more pretty hate machine style danceability. While kicking it up with some of the most interesting and awesome synth lines I've ever heard.

As sad as it sounds, I actually agree. History has shown that most great bands get better the heavier the drug use is. Then when they die, it's like "Man, that sucks, but they made some kickass music." Whereas those who go back to sobriety and whatnot dwindle into nonexistence. So then it's more like "Hey, remember that band?" Then the other person says "No, but if they did more drugs, I'd probably know exactly who you're talking about."

It's very true, as the though process while using substances is miles more interesting than that of someone who does not use substances. - Anyway, Trent overdosed on heroin in london during "The Fragile" tour around 2000. After his near deadly overdose he began to goto rehab and get clean.

You don't need drugs to make good music. You just need to tap into your subconscious. Drugs aren't necessary for that. They'll sure do the job, but they'll also (at least the drugs we're talking about) destroy your body and mind in the process.

Anyway dude I am so out of the loop, I didn't even know Trent had a drug problem.

He's had a drug problem since before the start of NIN. It's pretty much where all his depression and hatred came from, and perhaps you never heard the song "Hurt"? which is inspired / based on his Heroin addiction.

Agreed, didn't like the single at all but it grew on me now. The album has alot more uppity moments, but the instrumental work is great, lots of very interesting synth patches and samples constantly going on, and the darker aspects of the CD are def. my favorite.

Listening to it a few more times.

I hate when something grows on me. Lyrics can get pretty simplistic, but catchy (capital G). And thats what saves it he's almost channeled that muse that drove him in his earlier work.

one thing that bugs me is that its not a (using the term extremely loosely here) concept album, there's no flow between songs. Even if it was a note, a single noise, there was something there. I miss that.