Accelerated Evolution

tim's adventures in illustration

the story:

my friend got hired by an upstart video game developer to work on a "guitar hero-esque" game so i axed if i could get in on it. he gave me an email address and i shot em one saying i rule and they should hire me also. the dude emailed me back saying

We asking that 2 different sketches be submitted:

1) An illustration of a dragon who has charbroiled many, many nights, but was soothed by a guitar player.

2) An illustration that you create that you would expect to see as a screen in Guitar Hero.

i axed what kind of thing should be in the second one, he said whatever i want. and when i asked how finished the drawrings should be, he said no major detail, just sketches. so here's what i sent

post-66-1176635061_thumb.jpg

and if you know tim wilkins like i think you know tim wilkins, you know the second drawring was going to have some cephalopod action

post-66-1176635121_thumb.jpg

when i asked what dimensions the drawrings should be he said "about the size of an 8.5x11 piece of paper", which sounded sketchy as hell (no puns allowed). whatever, if i can make some green drawing pictures who am i to complain?

hopefully next post won't be

shouldn'ta drawn that squid...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already told you in bed last night... but good luck babyboo. I'll be expecting good reports in a few hours.

Heart,

Nick

PS. Squiddly Diddly is mad because the guitar player is taking all the attention away from his glorious drum playing.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

alright, i'll keep it short and sweet. Erik and I are in charge of designing the whole thing. THE WHOLE THING. know what my first assignment is? DESIGN THE BOX ART

it's fuckin nuts. this whole thing seems to good to be true, for sure. Erik is designing the interface right now (re: GH interface), and we've got to design how the song selection screens and stuff look. i mean, DESIGN design, as in our work will probably be the finished products in the game and any animation between screens WE have to animate

i left the headlights on on my car and the battery died so i couldn't drive to the liquor store like i'd planned, but rest assured i'll be celebrating tomorrow

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

alright, i'll keep it short and sweet. Erik and I are in charge of designing the whole thing. THE WHOLE THING. know what my first assignment is? DESIGN THE BOX ART

it's fuckin nuts. this whole thing seems to good to be true, for sure. Erik is designing the interface right now (re: GH interface), and we've got to design how the song selection screens and stuff look. i mean, DESIGN design, as in our work will probably be the finished products in the game and any animation between screens WE have to animate

i left the headlights on on my car and the battery died so i couldn't drive to the liquor store like i'd planned, but rest assured i'll be celebrating tomorrow

OMFG

I must tell the other half...and can you sign my copy of GH when you get the chance and it comes out?