Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
Hirthy

A WARNING TO ALL ACT PPLZ

CHECK IF YOUR CALCULATOR IS PREAPPROVED.

I signed up late for the ACTs and had to go to a school that's an hour and a half away. I got up at 5:30 and went all the way there in the rain. I then got my calculator taken away right as I started the math section because it was a TI-89 and even though you can use them on SATs you cant use them on ACTs (something I overlooked). I got all flustered and got owned on the math, and my frustration kind of carried over to the whole test. I learned during "break time" that the guy in charge at the school called the ACT people who were going to have my test voided but he persuaded them to not since I barely used it. Thankfully I can take the ACT in the fall, and at least I know the format of the test now, but it was really lame. Soo..

I lurnd...

1-DONT SIGN UP LATE

2-CHECK FOR APPROVED CALULAT0R

3-DONT GET FLUSTERED AND TRY AND KEEP YOUR COOL(I could have done all of the math anyway, you know, like in the old days)

4-DONT PUT TWINKIES ON YOUR PIZZA

I hate standardized testing.

i got a %99 on my social sciences and pretty well on everything else but math. and i was fiending for a ciggarette the whole time. I think if you just do your best and push everything else in your mid aside then you'll do fine.

CHECK IF YOUR CALCULATOR IS PREAPPROVED.

I signed up late for the ACTs and had to go to a school that's an hour and a half away. I got up at 5:30 and went all the way there in the rain. I then got my calculator taken away right as I started the math section because it was a TI-89 and even though you can use them on SATs you cant use them on ACTs (something I overlooked). I got all flustered and got owned on the math, and my frustration kind of carried over to the whole test. I learned during "break time" that the guy in charge at the school called the ACT people who were going to have my test voided but he persuaded them to not since I barely used it. Thankfully I can take the ACT in the fall, and at least I know the format of the test now, but it was really lame. Soo..

I lurnd...

1-DONT SIGN UP LATE

2-CHECK FOR APPROVED CALULAT0R

3-DONT GET FLUSTERED AND TRY AND KEEP YOUR COOL(I could have done all of the math anyway, you know, like in the old days)

4-DONT PUT TWINKIES ON YOUR PIZZA

I hate standardized testing.

fuck

I was going to take the ACT in the fall, but my only working crakulator is an 89

thanks for the heads up

i got a %99 on my social sciences and pretty well on everything else but math. and i was fiending for a ciggarette the whole time. I think if you just do your best and push everything else in your mid aside then you'll do fine.

Did they change how they scored the test? :unsure:

Generally, you can't use an 89 because they can run some really simple programs that can take most equations and expand them out showing you all the work involved. I'm suprised you could use it on the SAT's.

Generally, you can't use an 89 because they can run some really simple programs that can take most equations and expand them out showing you all the work involved. I'm suprised you could use it on the SAT's.

yeah, so was I, but the guidelines say nothing about claculators that can do algebra for you, and nobody bothered checking the calculators at my test any way.