Accelerated Evolution

Nightwish- Dark Passion Play

Crube

www.nightwish.com

13.06.2007 - Upcoming releases

Nightwish's upcoming album will be called "Dark Passion Play". It will be released by Nuclear Blast on September 28th, by Spinefarm Records / Universal on September 26th and by Roadrunner Records on September 28th.

The tracklist reads as follows:

1. The Poet And The Pendulum

2. Bye Bye Beautiful

3. Amaranth

4. Cadence Of Her Last Breath

5. Master Passion Greed

6. Eva

7. Sahara

8. Whoever Brings The Night

9. For The Heart I Once Had

10. The Islander

11. Last Of The Wilds

12. 7 Days To The Wolves

13. Meadows Of Heaven

The album artwork cover:

cover_dpp-8b4.jpg

Even before that date, on August 24th (Nuclear Blast) and on August 22nd (Spinefarm/Universal), the single "Amaranth" will be released. It will come in different versions, their tracklists will be announced later.

The single cover artwork:

cover_amaranth-37d.jpg

'7 Days..' sounds interesting, I like the violin part. 'Master Passion Greed' didn't draw me in, but 'Amaranth' is definitely a song that I want to hear the rest of. The new singer's voice is very good, but I'm not crazy about the odd hoarse sound she has when she holds a note sometimes.

I can't help thinking this sounds, overall, a little too similar to their other music, but then again we only have a few short samples. Maybe they put up the parts that are most similar to their old stuff to show the new singer hasn't drastically changed them?

I'm going to buy it, regardless. :P

I've heard eva and it sounds lieka slightly metaler evanescence. Meh. Perhaps the other tracks will be better.

Yeah. When I listened to that Eva thing I automatically thought to myself, "Maybe it's a typo and was supposed to be Amy Lee." cause it might as well have been. I loved the shit out of Once cause they ditched the keys & synths and got them a real orchestra and I enjoyed that.

I sure hope that goofball bass player has some super sweet chorus singing, like I WISHHHH I HADDDD AN ANGELLLLL. Shit was :awesome:

Hahaha. With that said, I think there's only one Nightwish song that has stood the test of time for me, and that's "Dead to the World."

Yeah. When I listened to that Eva thing I automatically thought to myself, "Maybe it's a typo and was supposed to be Amy Lee." cause it might as well have been. I loved the shit out of Once cause they ditched the keys & synths and got them a real orchestra and I enjoyed that.

Yeah the new singer is totally different from Tarja but at the same time she's not very unusual sounding so far... except if she holds a note for a long time. The orchestra did sound a lot better than the keyboards on their older stuff.

I thought 'Eva' was pretty bad when I heard it, it kind of reminded me of the songs you hear at the end of Disney movies, but the other samples I'm hearing sound better to me.

I just listened to some of the sound clips. It actually doesn't sound terrible. They're keeping with the actual orchestra which is cool. Her vocals kind of detract from how epic they used to sound with Ms. Turunen though. Definately added another dimension to the music IMO. I think I'll listen to Ghost Love Score before I turn in for the night.