Accelerated Evolution

im on mah cowch

So pretty much how the f*** do I fix my sleep schedule? I've been staying until at least 7:30am every morning until I can actually fall asleep and sleeping until about 5:00pm and it seems to be getting later and later. Also, I've tried staying up an entire day, but it seems that I just don't get enough sleep to do that. If anybody can help, that'd be great.

I used to have the same problem to a lesser extremity. I would fall asleep around say 4PM and then wake up closer to 10 or 11PM then not get back to sleep until about 6-7AM. I don't know that there's anything you really can do, as in my case the problem kind of fixed itself. If you don't like that answer, try doing something to keep you awake or get some sleeping pills and shape your own hours?

I have the same problem, but for me I can care less about it since when I do go out with my friends it's all night anyways. Also I don't wake up at like 5-6 PM. Just about 1 PM so not as bad as you. Pretty much just go in bed and close your eyes, it sucks ass the first couple nights but you will fall asleep eventually after a couple hours. And you'll start falling asleep earlier and earlier each night. I know because it worked for me in trying to fix my sleep schedule, then I just gave up and realised I like night more.

I have the same problem, but for me I can care less about it since when I do go out with my friends it's all night anyways. Also I don't wake up at like 5-6 PM. Just about 1 PM so not as bad as you. Pretty much just go in bed and close your eyes, it sucks ass the first couple nights but you will fall asleep eventually after a couple hours. And you'll start falling asleep earlier and earlier each night. I know because it worked for me in trying to fix my sleep schedule, then I just gave up and realised I like night more.

I prefer the night, also, but I don't like staying up 'till 7:30am. I'm trying to get back to around 2:00am.The reason I'm worried is because if I don't get close to what's regular for me now, it'll just be harder to function when school comes back. I'm gonna try to make it through today. I hope I do, because we might go out to eat.

Take some amphetamines.

Seriously, though, just try to slow everything down, and separate yourself from stimuli about an hour before you want to go to bed. If you're not doing anything you'll get bored, and then sleepy.

I've always slept fine with a tv/radio/my computer on before now, it shouldn't make any difference now. I find it harder to sleep without one of them, actually.

I've always slept fine with a tv/radio/my computer on before now, it shouldn't make any difference now. I find it harder to sleep without one of them, actually.

I would always keep stuff in my room all the time, as people get older their sleep cycles change. I know having my computer so readily at hand often makes me get up to check something while I should be sleeping, whereas if it was in another room I'd be too lazy.

But what I meant about removing stimulus was, like, don't play action games until midnight and then expect to go to sleep right at midnight. You've got to slow down before you expect to fall asleep, you know?

Try to avoid caffeine for at least a few hours before you want to sleep, too.

If all else fails, watch a really boring movie. Not necessarily a bad movie, just a boring one.

As someone who struggles with this problem every single summer, I'm all too familiar with it.

The first week or so school is out you begin going to bed at 2 and sleeping until noon.

Then you start going to bed at 4 and sleeping until 2.

Then you start going to bed at 6 and sleeping until 4.

Before you know it, you're waking up at 8 PM and going to bed at 10 AM. Your sleep cycle is completely fucked!

The problem is basically due to the fact that you're getting more sleep every night than you're used to. During the school year I average 6 hours of sleep per night, and feel like shit all day long in class. At the end of the day when I want to go to bed, I just pass out immediately. It's hard enough making it though the school day, so it's nearly impossible to stay up until even midnight.

Over the summer, I average 10 hours of sleep per night. I always feel very energized and well rested. This results in me not feeling completely shot all day long and I just end up staying up later and later as I don't pay much attention to the clock, and because I'm usually not even remotely tired come 2 or 3 AM if I woke up at 1 or 2 in the afternoon. I just stay up later and later.

You can try staying up all day, but I've found myself to be very unsuccessful in accomplishing this. As I get more and more sleep, and get used to being energized and well rested, I find that if I try and stay up for very long periods of time (18+ hours), that I just cannot do it. Anything after 15 or 16 hours just feels impossible. Caffeine doesn't help much either, because you need to remember that there's always a crash afterwards. If you're up for 12 hours, then load up on the caffeine, you're going to crash pretty damn badly 4 hours later.

You can also try continuously pushing your sleep cycle forward, until you eventually start going to bed at like 7 or 8 PM and waking up at like 5 or 6 AM.

Or over the course of a few nights try setting the alarm clock and only sleeping for 6 hours. On 6 hours of sleep it's much easier to go to bed at like 12 or 1 AM.

Keep fucking your sleep cycle up until you loop back around, or deprive yourself of sleep. The second option will allow you to fix your sleep schedule in a day or two. The first option might take you a little longer depending on when you're currently going to bed and getting up.

I also enjoy nighttime much more than day, so I don't care TOO much if my sleep cycle is fucked over. It's only when my friends or parents start bitching at me that I sleep all day that I actually try to fix my sleep cycle.

Good luck!

P.S. If you do manage you correct your sleeping, make sure you don't fuck it up again. I've done that more than once.

I'm starting to have trouble (more than usual) with sleep. I am going to bed at like, 4am, and mostly I have just been staring at my ceiling for hours, and then getting up at like, 8:30am. It sucks.

Slowly stay up earlier and earlier, little by little, until you make a complete loop back to where you want to be, that's what I did.