Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
Samurai Drifter

Second Season of Haruhi announced

This is apparently from the newest issue of the Japanese Newtype.

The writing below "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu" means "Second Season of Haruhi Announced." My Japanese reading skills are abysmal at best so I can't tell you any more than that.

Rumor has it more information will be added to the official site (www.haruhi.tv) soon.

post-34-1183666115_thumb.jpg

Whats with Haruhi's extra large ahoge? Also, I wonder when this'll come out when KyoAni has already announced that thier doing a Clanned anime and another season of Sausage Anime? Might be a while....

Also, in before Link complaining about something or other.

Whats with Haruhi's extra large ahoge? Also, I wonder when this'll come out when KyoAni has already announced that thier doing a Clanned anime and another season of Sausage Anime? Might be a while....

Woah, good point on the ahoge. She didn't have one before. Maybe Haruhi meets Konata? :awesome: Haru*Star? :awesome:

Anywho, if I have to watch another season of Lucky Star to get to a new season of Haruhi... well, no real complaints there. Lucky Star's keeping me busy enough so...

There's speculation that they'll be delaying Clannad... makes sense, it wouldn't have the same appeal as Haruhi.

(Also, ANN has reported this now...)

There's speculation that they'll be delaying Clannad... makes sense, it wouldn't have the same appeal as Haruhi.

(Also, ANN has reported this now...)

Good. The world could use less of magical MOE melodrama bullshit.

I'm seriously estatic

Haruhi was one of the few animes that I really like enjoyed, even the bullshit filler episodes.

Good to hear that KyoAni's going to continue with it. :awesome:

I don't see how the underlaying story of Haruhi can in anyway be extended or enhanced.

This is bullshit.

So, we have our elitist fanboy complaint of the thread. :rolleyes:

So, we have our elitist fanboy complaint of the thread. :rolleyes:

No, really

Why do most American televisions shows degrade into garbage? Because they continue beyond what they should. If you believe that the second season will be anywhere near as good as the first... you are a disillusioned fool .

I don't see how the underlaying story of Haruhi can in anyway be extended or enhanced.

This is bullshit.

Uh, GPS. Are you fucking retarded? THERE IS A SERIES OF BOOKS. THE ANIME WAS BASED ON THE FIRST BOOK. THE BOOKS GO FARTHER THAN THE ANIME DID. DUH.

Why do you think lots of people were clamoring for a second season?! Because there was more story that hadn't been animated!

No, really

Why do most American televisions shows degrade into garbage? Because they continue beyond what they should. If you believe that the second season will be anywhere near as good as the first... you are a disillusioned fool .

I think you meant "deluded", hon

Uh, GPS. Are you fucking retarded? THERE IS A SERIES OF BOOKS. THE ANIME WAS BASED ON THE FIRST BOOK. THE BOOKS GO FARTHER THAN THE ANIME DID. DUH.

Precisely :hardgay:

LIKE WHEN

THEY LIVE THE SAME WEEK OVER AND OVER SOMETHING LIKE 14,000 TIMES

, you didn't see that in the anime, did you?

So yeah, GPS, stop talking out of your ass. Not only are there a series of books, but a series of manga, too. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu is the anime, Suzumiya Haruhi no Inbou are th books, and Suzumiya Haruhi no Bousou are the manga.

also:

http://www.sos-dan.com

Why do you think lots of people were clamoring for a second season?! Because there was more story that hadn't been animated!

Oh... I did not know that!

I retract my statement

Oh... I did not know that!

I retract my statement

HOW COULD YOU HAVE WATCHED HARUHI AND BEEN SO ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT IT AND NOT KNOW THAT?!

DO YOU LIVE UNDER A STONE?!

Yes

I lolled.

:awesome:

Also, I eagley await the return of Canada-tan and the "other" Yuki that I keep hearing about. This show has the potential to tell a massive amount of self contained stories without advancing the main plot at all; and thats why it is awesome.

Getting information about Haruhi and all her related projects are never easy. In the U.S., the ASOS Brigade has always been sending cryptic messages, and now Haruhi.tv (the Japanese site) pulls a fast one on people. The site says that it's "down," but quickly brings up a message asking for a passcode. Well, that password would be KNSAK (Kyon, Nagato, Suzumiya, Asahina, Koizumi). Yuki will give you a little message, and ask for final confirmation regarding the "emergency escapse program."

From there, you get taken to an image for the show (you can see it in the gallery), that announces that the second season of Haruhi has been cancelled, and is being replaced with a new project. The leader of this project? Why, Haruhi of course! There's some more Haruhi light novel related info in there, which according to Moetron, confirms that the second season of the show will be based around the fourth volume of the light novel, The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi.

Otherwise, the production info that we've been handed with this little update is that the director will be Yasuhiro Takemoto (Lucky Star, Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid), and that Kyoto Animation will be animating the series once again. The show's got a copyright date stretching from 2007 to 2009, possibly meaning that the show will be a Fall/Winter release in '08, stretching into '09.