Accelerated Evolution

Heroic man arrested after complimenting women.

Crube

First off... this nifty little article...

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/02...-name_page.html

"MEN have become too worried about political correctness to pay women simple compliments, according to a new survey."

Fewer than one in five women questioned (16%) received the “recommended” five compliments a day, and 12% said no one had paid them a compliment in the past three months.

Relationship expert Christine Webber said, “In my experience, women do actually care a great deal about what people think about them.

“A compliment massively boosts self-esteem. And whilst it may seem somewhat frivolous, it is in fact a vital ingredient for well-being.

“The trick though is to be able to pay someone a compliment and make them feel good about themselves, rather than coming over as smarmy or, worse, a bit lecherous.”

That article was reported May 18th... now let's go to just yesterday...

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/13637370/detail.html

DENVER -- A man who told two women they were extremely beautiful was arrested on charges of harassment last week, Denver police said.

Police said 32-year-old Jeff John Hergert approached the women and "expressed interest in them." He told each woman in two separate incidents that they were extremely beautiful and that they should consider modeling.

Hergert was arrested and is being held on two counts of harassment. He is being held on a $10,000 bond.

Right...

i think everybody knows a guy who comes off as one creepy mother fucker when he hits on women, or is just being himself. in plain text, it sounds retarded, but if you imagine someone that is creepy as hell it can seem rather justified.

back in kalamazoo we had a drinking game that every time our friend ryan gets uncomfortably close to someone hes talking to (male and female) we take a drink. if he gets engaged in conversation with multiple people we usually end up passing out.

also, why did you title this as "heroic man"?

I'd like to see the details of that. In any case it should be obvious to anyone that after probably expressing disinterest in a man once, him doing it again is sort of weird. I think that survey is ridiculous in any case. I and most girls I know get leered at/complimented a lot by strange men and no one gets in trouble :/ It can't be that hard for men when 1/4 women get sexually harassed/assaulted and 1/4 men (or a even 1/10 taking into account repeat offenders or something) certainly aren't in jail.

WTF, who is recommending numbers of compliments?? That's retarded.

Maybe this is a regional thing (las vegas and new england are pretty different) but I kind of see the point that people should feel more free to compliment each other. I wish people would hit on other people a lot more. A lot of my really pretty friends almost never get compliments except maybe about their clothes, from girls. And there is a general lack of appreciation for others going on in general and a ton of negativity at least IMO.

I'm sure that "modeling" dude wasn't an issue of a simple compliment though, if he came back and spoke to them again.

I'd like to see the details of that. In any case it should be obvious to anyone that after probably expressing disinterest in a man once, him doing it again is sort of weird. I think that survey is ridiculous in any case. I and most girls I know get leered at/complimented a lot by strange men and no one gets in trouble :/ It can't be that hard for men when 1/4 women get sexually harassed/assaulted and 1/4 men (or a even 1/10 taking into account repeat offenders or something) certainly aren't in jail.

I would like to see the details of that too - but it wouldn't surprise me if the case was just as ridiculous as it sounded. It's not as if there aren't plenty of men out there behaving abominably and actually harassing women who never get charges pressed against them - but all it takes is one crazy ass bitch and one retarded ass city police force and one retarded ass judge to get a perfectly innocent fellow in trouble. That's why I'm fucking terrified of this country's legal system.

I would like to see the details of that too - but it wouldn't surprise me if the case was just as ridiculous as it sounded. It's not as if there aren't plenty of men out there behaving abominably and actually harassing women who never get charges pressed against them - but all it takes is one crazy ass bitch and one retarded ass city police force and one retarded ass judge to get a perfectly innocent fellow in trouble. That's why I'm fucking terrified of this country's legal system.

agreed too x3