Accelerated Evolution

Net radio dies in 5 days

Poophy

I'm convinced that the Record Industry isn't going to be happy until you pay them without actually listening to music. It'll just be something like taxes, you expect to be kicked in the nuts every so often.

Hahaha! Excellent post.

The recording industry is fucked. At this point I'm downloading music and not even listening to it (Guns n Roses Discography? I've got it!), and although there would probably be better things to do with my time (as in, political advocacy) I don't actually listen to net radio; still, I think it's retarded that it's being shut down.

Why should the rules for net radio be any different than the rules for real radio?

Sucks too, because I've been a BIG fan of an online electronic station for the past 4 or 5 years. Very upsetting.

They offer free streams and pay streams (pay streams are higher quality), however, I'm getting the impression that the fees imposed by the copyright royalty board are going to be so drastic, that even if they converted to 100% pay streams, they still wouldn't have the cash to stay afloat.

Internet Radio won't die. It'll only die in America. Expect more stations to spring up in countries in which the RIAA/MPAA can't exercise as much control as they'd like over them.

The Pirate Bay ought to start up a pirate radio station. :laugh:

Internet Radio won't die. It'll only die in America. Expect more stations to spring up in countries in which the RIAA/MPAA can't exercise as much control as they'd like over them.

The Pirate Bay ought to start up a pirate radio station. :laugh:

First paragraph: last.fm is run out of Britain, is it not?

Second paragraph: :laugh: That is an awesome idea.

So internet radio is going to become just a bunch of European trance?