Accelerated Evolution

FBI spyware

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty much just waiting for the party van to show up at my house now to be honest. It's not worth trying to hide everything since if they want to, they'll get anyone on something.

Yep. I should probably have any kind of security or any way of hiding all the pirated material on my computer but, well, whatever. I'll deal with that shit if it ever comes up, and be a martyr.

Worse thing that'll happen is I'll write an awesome book about it.

I can really care less. This doesn't affect me since I dont jerk off to 7 year olds or plan giant terrorist plots... I know most of you are angry because it might hinder the first part.

But they can say you do, get a warrant, and take your information anyway.

Hell, they probably only need the warrant for people they actually have to charge a crime against. The rest of us just get our information secretly stolen.

But they can say you do, get a warrant, and take your information anyway.

Hell, they probably only need the warrant for people they actually have to charge a crime against. The rest of us just get our information secretly stolen.

Yyep. The "I'm not doing anything wrong, I've got nothing to worry about" line doesn't really work here.

I can really care less. This doesn't affect me since I dont jerk off to 7 year olds or plan giant terrorist plots... I know most of you are angry because it might hinder the first part.

So, can we set up cameras in your home then? I mean, you've got nothing to worry about since you aren't doing anything illegal after all.

Why would they set up cameras in my home? That would be expensive and useless.

*edit*

Unless they like watching lots of videogames and masturbating.

But they can get lots of sensitive information. You know about computers -- they'd get lots of it off of your computer.

Look, at the risk of invoking Godwin's Laws (and taking the example a lot further than it probably should) look at Nazi Germany. Plenty of people thought they didn't have to fear anything from the government because they weren't doing anything wrong. Guess what? Plenty of innocent people still got carted off to concentration camps based on fabricated evidence.

To take the risk of making a slippery slope argument, I think we're closer to that than a lot of people would like to think. If you let the government do one invasion of privacy, they're going to do another, etc, etc.

But they can get lots of sensitive information. You know about computers -- they'd get lots of it off of your computer.

Look, at the risk of invoking Godwin's Laws (and taking the example a lot further than it probably should) look at Nazi Germany. Plenty of people thought they didn't have to fear anything from the government because they weren't doing anything wrong. Guess what? Plenty of innocent people still got carted off to concentration camps based on fabricated evidence.

To take the risk of making a slippery slope argument, I think we're closer to that than a lot of people would like to think. If you let the government do one invasion of privacy, they're going to do another, etc, etc.

But my point is I can care less because they have nothing to gain from arresting me.