Accelerated Evolution

Is it reallly so farfetched?

Let me throw some background at you before I get into this one. During the school year, I don't work and despite the fact that I'm 17, I've been far too busy to get my permit or license so I'm what you'd call a "non-driving motherfucker". This means that once I got off the bus and walked home, I stayed there all fucking day and didn't get out. I find my house to be depressing because I feel like I'm just bound to it. There's not much to do here and I'm just sick of seeing the same thing for hours on end every day. Fast forward to now in which I've been out of school for two months or better and it's a little different, but ends the same way. I go to work at 8, get home anywhere between 4-6. I don't have what you'd call a "normal" job. Anyway, once I get back I usually just talk to my girlfriend for a while or maybe go see her, but I'm still home way too often. My parents are currently separated, so I live with my mom for the time being and I can't tell you how much of a pain in the ass it is to be bothered after a long day of ball busting work and I had always thought about it, but never seriously. I'm so tired of being in these surroundings so often and escaping for a few hours once or twice a week really doesn't fucking cut it.

The main point: I've been thinking about going on vacation by myself to sort things out and get out of my house for a while. There are some issues I'm not elaborating on, but I need some time to think alone without being bothered. I'm not thinking of going too far or for too long, but I think it would do me some good to get away from it all. However, my parents aren't crazy about a 17 year old just going away in the middle of summer for no reason and I don't know what to do, but I really want to get the fuck out of here.

You've probably thought at this point: Does this dude not have friends? It's a complicated answer, but I'll try to keep it short. My school was a Christian private school and since they're assholes, they closed down right as I was going to be a senior next year. Most, if not all of my friends are from that school. My "out of school" friends is a very short list that may as well be nonexistent at this point. Some of them are busy partying, others are on vacation and some have just fallen off of the face of the earth and it's just depressing because I really don't get to see them often. I like to party same as anyone, but not all the time and never too crazy. Some of my friends just kind of forgot about me and it's fucked, but what can you do? I guess this is multifaceted as I'm explaining the need to get the fuck out of here and find someway to get my fucking friends back.

Thoughts?

No reason you couldn't go travel a bit by yourself.

If you live near any big parks (I mean like, national parks, or wildernesses or whatever) you could go camping. I swear camping was invented to give people in your exact situation a way out. It's cheap, fun, amazing, I can't recommend it enough.

Even if you don't, you could get a bike or something. Biking is nice, you can spend some time alone and get outside, although I guess that's not exactly what you're talking about. I'm sorry to hear about your school closing down, that's pretty lame.

But, if you've got a job, you must have at least a bit of money set aside. Whatever you do, man, I wish you luck.

That sucks. =( Good luck with it.

I recommend biking, if you want a vacation. I was having a bad time last school year and I did a lot of biking in the summer and it helped. Maybe you could do a mini bike trip and stay in motels, for the night, if you have the money, and don't mind a solitary ish vacation. If you have any friends in other towns you could stop by and see them too

OK, a few things:

1. You have a girlfriend? I was not a witness to this.

2. Call me sometime? Tell you mom to get over me and you are cool to hang with me any time, we are doing something every night here or somewhere else; tonight I had a few friends watch Children Of Men here, tommorrow we are going offroading in Jackson, then the next day we are going to Englishtown for a car show, and to cap it off I'm going to Seaside Sunday and this place called Iced-T Lake on Monday. There's tons of shit for you to get in on.

3. If you need to go on a vacation, then call me! You might not know this, but I have a thing called a timeshare in England and in Honolulu, and even if you can't go far away, we go camping upstate and around NJ.

I'm all for making as many friends as possible. Seeing that you like music and art, have you tried attending a bunch of events in your area? Both of these categories are pretty tight in my area, so when I go to something like this I almost always see someone I know. You can just go to a few events and people will start to recognize you and next thing you know every time you go you end up hugging at least one person who you may or may not have seen recently. It's pretty awesome.

I don't know if it will work there, but it's worth a shot, and it could definitely add some more fun to your life.

When you're only home rarely it can sometimes be a lot easier to deal with. You start to miss it even sometimes.

Edit- See, Alundra's already has some stuff lined up. No worries.

If you live near any big parks (I mean like, national parks, or wildernesses or whatever) you could go camping. I swear camping was invented to give people in your exact situation a way out. It's cheap, fun, amazing, I can't recommend it enough.

I second the motion! ( ^o^) <3

I'll just randomly head out to Death Valley, Yosemite, Sequoia, or any other national park near my house to get away from everything & everyone on occasion. ( ^_^)

Sounds a lot like my situation, but I am a "driving motherfucker." I'm still somehow home all the time and even if I'm not, I'm either working or somewhere almost equally depressing (save the time I hang out with my friends). I've been trying to escape for a bit, but work is tying me down because I have to train all these new people and can't even get a fucking day off to go to my friend's funeral (I get to go, but I don't have time in between to go home and shower, I have to bring a change of clothes with me...) My mom is being a bit of a you-know-what too, I mentioned that I want to go driving down to van and maybe seattle to visit CF, and she's all "you're not taking your car, etc." I know where you're coming from man, it's getting to the point where I feel like just ditching for like a week and randomly showing up again.

If you do visit Vancouver I will try my utmost to meet you there.

Also my dad said he'd pay for train fare to PG, haha. That was an awesome birthday present!

First thing's first:

OK, a few things:

1. You have a girlfriend? I was not a witness to this.

2. Call me sometime? Tell you mom to get over me and you are cool to hang with me any time, we are doing something every night here or somewhere else; tonight I had a few friends watch Children Of Men here, tommorrow we are going offroading in Jackson, then the next day we are going to Englishtown for a car show, and to cap it off I'm going to Seaside Sunday and this place called Iced-T Lake on Monday. There's tons of shit for you to get in on.

3. If you need to go on a vacation, then call me! You might not know this, but I have a thing called a timeshare in England and in Honolulu, and even if you can't go far away, we go camping upstate and around NJ.

1. Yes, it was very recent [but a little while coming] and keep it under your hat because if you mention it to my friends when you hang out with them, they will know exactly who you're talking about, in fact, I'm almost positive you know her too. Well, at least of her. We kind of want to keep it from getting to everyone all at once until later down the line, so if you could be a sport and keep that one to yourself for the time being, it'd be real swell of you. [What is this the 50's?]

2. It's not even all about that anymore. I really don't want to drag this in here, because this is strictly between you and I, but you and I have some shit to straighten out yet before I hang out with you and shit. I'll PM you about it when I get the chance, but it's going to be a long one. I won't do it now only because I've literally just gotten back from work and am pretty fucking tired.

3. [see 2]

On to the rest:

Yeah, I'm a bit of a spendthrift though, so I've really only put away a good $300 with about $200 more coming and have another $100 or so for "walking around" money. You know, what's in my wallet. I don't want to break the bank, but I want to do something that will take me far enough away from home and all the things about it that upset and piss me off. There are a few smaller "pissant" parks nearby, but nothing worth camping in. I live in Trenton, NJ and let's have that speak for itself. Now that I think about it though, I can think of some wooded areas that aren't necessarily parks, but hard to get lost in and would be manageable if I were to camp in them. I like the idea of camping, but for whatever reason, I kind of want the comfort of a hotel room. Nothing fancy, just something livable. As for the situation of my school, it's kind of a blessing in disguise if you will. I'll be taking the test to get my GED in mid September and in the meantime have already enrolled for the fall at MCCC [Community college within a reasonable proximity of my house] taking art classes and the like geared towards "Advertising Design" and I hope to make a few friends doing that. But seeing as how I live in Trenton, let's say it's not exactly a cultural center and even if it were I hate going places by myself. Most of my friends don't enjoy cultured things, which doesn't matter too much to me, because that just gives me more things to do with her. We're actually supposed to go to the Philadelphia Museum of Art this weekend and later in the year see an opera at the Met. These are all things that for the most part, my friends wouldn't enjoy at all. I'm trying to step out of my comfort zone and make friends and as far as this vacationing thing goes, as long as I can get away from here for a few days, I'll be fine. Like I said, I like the idea of camping, but I'm not "game" for camping right now even though I love the outdoors. I just want to get a hotel room/motel/etc. and just really have some thinking and relaxing time. Thanks for the support, sentiment and suggestions, please keep them coming.

Yeah, I understand that. I love camping but it's not something I want to do every time I go on vacation, haha. I was just suggesting it because it's cheap, fairly easy, etc.

It wasn't a bad idea and I wasn't trying to come down on you or anything. Sorry if it sounded like I was.

Who be the lady friend?

Christ, I forgot you exist here too.

I'm in a picture with her on an album cover titled "GFS" on Facebook. But now that you know you need to keep that under wraps too my friend. Sersly.

Not to make this all off topic, but anyone who's visited the sketchbook thread has a good idea of what she looks like. Or, if you're too lazy, here's a recent picture of my progress:

IMG4003.jpg

P.S. Mike: I'll send you that PM later today. We're heading over to Veteran's Park for a few hours and then I'm coming home, so I guess I'll do it then.

Not to make this all off topic, but anyone who's visited the sketchbook thread has a good idea of what she looks like. Or, if you're too lazy, here's a recent picture of my progress:

Your girfriends black and white, and not finished being shaded?!?!?!

:hardgay:

You're looking at the one prime example of what you've been saying. I'm so SICK of seeing this house everyday, it's a pain to get my mom to take me over my grandparents', even though they're 5 minutes away. All she cares about is getting to her boyfriend's house in time everyday and wants my brother to do everything for me. Every summer, I'm trapped here. Every summer, it's miserable. If I didn't have very nice grandparent's, I wouldn't have an iPod, thus making me even more sad with nothing to do. I have every game system except for a PS3, but you get bored of that stuff every single day. Can't wait to be able to drive.