Accelerated Evolution

Your Stance on Barry Bonds

punroc1

My personal Stance on Barry Bonds is that he should be allowed to have his records that he has achieved in professional baseball. He accomplished them himself and without the help of steroids.

While people may think that he has done steroids they need to remember that he has never tested positive for them.

Along with that he was a hall of fame player even before these speculations ever surfaced that he was juicing.

I would appreciate it if you stated your reasons for whether or not his personal records that he has accomplished throughout his career in the MLB should or should not be taken away.

And please no slanderous talk towards other users that post on this thread. :rolleyes:

Until he's found guilty you can't do anything besides speculate. If he gets out of baseball intact, and Greg Anderson doesn't give the testimony that more than likely will topple Bonds' legacy, the records have to be kept. Keep in mind, before he allegedly started using steroids in 1998 he was already a Hall of Fame player as well.

Steroids are a part of any sport on any level. If used correctly, you won't die. There may be health difficulties, but most steroid users are adults and should be responsible as so. All these athletes die because they use recreational drugs, and drink alcohol with them.

Steroids should be legalized I agree. But I also think they create an unfair advantage for the athlete using them, thus it is up to the particular sport to decide whether it will allow steroids at all, some, most, or all and of course for what reasons. Steroids can be deadly, and some atheletes do abuse them. Most of the athletes who've done themselves in though do it mainly because of alcohol abuse coupled with painkillers and sometimes steroids.

As for Bonds getting the record. I could care less. He's just keeping it warm for A-Rod.

Steroids should be legalized I agree. But I also think they create an unfair advantage for the athlete using them, thus it is up to the particular sport to decide whether it will allow steroids at all, some, most, or all and of course for what reasons. Steroids can be deadly, and some atheletes do abuse them. Most of the athletes who've done themselves in though do it mainly because of alcohol abuse coupled with painkillers and sometimes steroids.

As for Bonds getting the record. I could care less. He's just keeping it warm for A-Rod.

Your a real A-rod fan aren't you?

No. I'm not an A-Rod or Yankee fan.

But seriously, players like A-Rod come around once a generation at most. A bad year for him is most people's career year, he's just ridiculous. And ridiculously bad at fielding.

So true not to metion that he has the most fundamentally hideous swing of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, he just hit #756 about a minute ago. i cant say i really care at all. I mean props to the guy, he hasnt been proven to have steriods. And he did hit a large amount of them early in his career, when he was probably not on steroids so good for him. But like its been said give A-rod 6 years and hes got it.

That is True but A-rod is not the Home Run KING now its Barry Bonds.

I'm extremely happy for Barry and i was amazed that Hank Arron even said something about the record to Barry at all.

Who gives a shit if he did steroids...

Did Marc Mcguire ever hit this many home runs?

Did Jose Canseco?

NO

Let the roids thing sway you or not (I think he did...) it's still a great thing, and as many say the most exalted record in all of sports.

Bravo~

Very True