Accelerated Evolution

New Star Soldier for Wii

Akito

Rumor suggests that a new Star Soldier game is in development for Wii. I so hope this is true, because that would be awesome. Of course, the latest entry in the series (the one for Nintendo 64) was kind of sucky. But perhaps they'll manage to bring the series back to its 16-bit era glory.
  • 3 weeks later...

Wiiware, maybe haps?

I kind of doubt it. The storage limitations will severely cripple the potential for worthwhile Wiiware titles, and it's not at all uncommon for an overhead shooter to be sold at retail, at least not in Japan. In terms of the west, well, if Ubisoft can sell Senko no Ronde on Xbox 360 for $60, I don't see any reason why Star Solider R couldn't be released on a disc. Hopefully it'll be priced at $30 like the PS2 version of Raiden III.

I kind of doubt it. The storage limitations will severely cripple the potential for worthwhile Wiiware titles, and it's not at all uncommon for an overhead shooter to be sold at retail, at least not in Japan. In terms of the west, well, if Ubisoft can sell Senko no Ronde on Xbox 360 for $60, I don't see any reason why Star Solider R couldn't be released on a disc. Hopefully it'll be priced at $30 like the PS2 version of Raiden III.

Uh, looking at that video, and just going off of your average over head shooter, it won't be that large. Hell, Ikaruga is only something like 200mb and all of its audio is uncompressed.